on 28 November 2011
Having been a long time user / part time sufferer of norton products I ditched them a couple of years ago to save on processor.
However I have returned due to this product - it is light on processor, quick in all actions, easy to use, and overall a far superior product over its predecessors
Highly recommended, especially at the current (at time of writing) price.
on 23 December 2011
Norton Internet Security Performance Pack differs from Norton Internet Security by adding Norton Utilities, bringing with it a comprehensive suite of facilities including disk and registry cleaning, system optimization, disk and registry defragmentation, file shredding, disk repair, recovery of deleted files, etc.

Until quite recently, Norton Internet Security held PC Pro's A-list spot. Having run this software for a few weeks, I can confirm that it is keeping my PC secure and completely spam-free, that it is discrete but informative and that scanning for infections takes place in the background without bringing my PC to a grinding halt. I am trying to run broadband with only 512MB of memory, so this is important! As someone who is fairly computer-literate but not an expert, this product is absolutely right for me. It doesn't keep asking me questions that I'm not quite sure how to answer, but customizing the settings if I wish is straightforward.

I hesitated before awarding five stars because of Norton Utilities. I loaded this product and allowed it to run through the complete package of clean-ups and performance improvements. Having done so, my PC is without doubt significantly faster than before - it works! - and for this reason merits top marks. However, running the suite did introduce a problem that was not there before: on startup, I was repeatedly prompted to load a Sonic CD, which did not come with my PC, to update my Sonic software. I have a Dell desktop running XP Pro, and it turns out that this is a well-known problem with this set-up. (The problem was overcome by running msconfig and un-checking the InstallShield files ISUSPM and ISSCH in the list of startup files.) Nevertheless, there wasn't a problem before I ran Norton Utilities.

The reason I bought this software is that I was previously running McAfee Internet Security but became totally fed up and frustrated by the way in which it would stop everything else on my computer whenever it checked for and down-loaded anti-virus updates or scanned my files. And both these activities took for ever to complete. The fact that I only have the 512MB of memory undoubtedly did not help, but Norton is vastly better - I really don't know it is running until it informs me that it has just completed an update or scan. A word of caution in this regard: I have previously used F-Secure and Kaspersky as well as McAfee, and in all three cases found that the intrusiveness of the software, in slowing down other activities, increased as the months went by. If I find the same problem with Norton, then to be fair to the other suites I will report back.
VINE VOICEon 23 February 2012
Bought this to replace Norton Internet Security 2011 for which the subscription had expired. Some improvements in the 2012 version compared to the 2011 edition and, overall, it is very good. I am a loyal NIS fan. I have tried other brands occasionally but came back to NIS every time. One "improvement" I don't like is what they have done to "Identity Safe" which keeps your passwords for you and fills in log-ins when you want it to so that you can have different passwords for every account without having to remember them all. It seems they have tried to "improve" it in such a way that you can access identity safe from whatever computer you happen to be using. Previously, you had to manually input all the log-ins into identity safe on each computer. That may suit some. It was never a problem for me. What I don't like about it now is it continually interrupts every time you visit a new webpage that has any log-in facility whether you have a log-in for it or not.
on 31 January 2012
I have used the Norton Internet Security (NIS) software for about five years. In the early days it was some what bloated and took a time to complete basic tasks and scans. But for the past few years it has been very frugal with its use of system resources. Basically it does what it says with no fuss and no intrusion in other tasks. Independant reviews are positive, maybe not quite the best but a very good all rounder. The performance pack is a worth while extra which generally keeps my system clean of unwanted internet garbage such as cookies etc. It also defrags my hard drives and completes other necessary maintenance tasks.

One problem I had is with the renewal process, I have never done this through the Norton renewal site, it has been too expensive. I always wait until I can get it cheaper which is normally via Amazon. However, I have noted that Norton have seen the light and the renewal cost is now a reasonable amount. I trust they will continue with this although I will carry on looking for the best deal at the time my subscription is due for renewal.
on 3 July 2013
Always used Norton, I'm not a heavy user on a computer so Norton is great for me but I've got friends who can be on the computer all the time and I've noticed for people like that, they may encounter a lot of viruses due to surfing, torrent downloads or online gaming and Norton is good but takes it time keep up and get round to finding and deleting viruses which can slow down your system. For heavy users I would advise AVG Anti Virus as it attacks viruses there and then to let you carry on but for light users like me, Norton is a great choice.
on 19 July 2012
Norton Internet Security comes up tops again - really happy with this product. Installs easily and seamlessly and believe that the protection remains at Symantic's very high standards. On top of the high protection, the added bonus is the password manager which is included as part of the package - bliss.

Utilities is a stand-alone product included with this package. Again, easily installed and user friendly and enables easy maintenance for non-technical folk.

Chose to purchase this item via Amazon so that I have the CD-rom for easy installation on other items, and using Amazon for the purchase makes it so easy to purchase - delighted with their service.
on 27 April 2012
I've been a devotee of Norton Internet Security for many years, and have it installed on up to five family comuters at a time. I've never known a virus, or any other malicous attack, to get get past it. NIS went through a bad patch in the late 2000's when it tended to be heavy on resources and make your computer run slowly. Nowadays it's slick and light on overheads. I'm a believer in 'you get owt for nowt' and think that a free internet security product is less likely to be kept up to date, and employ the latest detection techniques, than one with a sound financial backing. At less than £9 per computer pa it's hardly breaking the bank anyway.
on 15 September 2013
I've been using Norton Products for years.
Sometimes they were disappointing. Luckily this isn't the case.
I used to own old laptop and even then I didn't see a slowdown because of this package.
Norton in last few years stays in top league and I hope it gonna improve every year.
Comes pretty cheap as well (paid £24 for 3 computers).
Recommended

Thanks
on 23 October 2017
It was a good choice, but a tad on the expensive side.
on 22 July 2012
Just a warning that although this is a great product - if you previously had Norton 360 installed, this in removing 360 detached both my own (XP) and OH's (Vista) DVD drives such that neither could installation be completed or any other disc played. Googling the problem threw up a known issue on the web and I had to edit some registry file parameters as detailed in a useful forum post to get back the use of our drives. This issue with us seemed to be solely around uninstalling 360 to install a different Norton product which this disc does automatically.

One star for 2 hours or more of my time wasted.