on 5 January 2016
A+++
on 10 February 2013
I very seldom review products on Amazon but felt that I needed to share this one.

After doing a photography course I was looking for some wireless flash triggers to enable me to do off-camera flash without the wires. I researched a lot and could have easily spent upwards of £200! However, I decided to take a punt on these and all I can say is that they are SUPERB - £25 for wireless flash triggers that also double up as a remote shutter release - Wow! They are very robust and well made and arrive in no time at all (got them after 5 days even though expected delivery said 4th March 2013 - 4 weeks) from HK in good packaging both external and internal.

The instructions are clear - one warning though, needs to be mounted to camera to test (sounds obvious but wasn't!).

I also procured a superb flash gun from the same manufacturer and seller, which also arrived quickly and in neat packaging.

Niikon Kit to do the same job would cost you in excess of £400 - this cost me £80 all up for the two items!
on 2 June 2012
I bought a pair of these (not from Amazon) for my new Nikon Coolpix P7100 and Yongnuo flash gun - see separate review. I was convinced by an amateur you-tube video which showed just how simple to use these tranceivers are. Just fit a couple of AAA batteries (not supplied) to each unit, fit either one onto the camera hot shoe and the other to a suitable flash gun, switch them and the camera on and hey presto, you have a remote flash! My camera doesn't have a PC sync output so can't use them for remote shutter control but I already have a cheap RC to do that (see separate review) so the included cable is surplus to requirements. These only work in manual, not TTL mode, so you just need to choose the appropriate Canon or Nikon version for your camera. I haven't done any long range field tests but I believe they can work up to 100 meters. All in all these are an inexpensive solution to remote flash control and come highly recommended by me.
on 3 June 2013
I bought two pairs of these triggers on the recommendation of others and it works great both on my Nikon D3100 and D7000. I am just a novice at flash photography and wanted to try out some wireless flash for a reasonable price.

All you need to do is mount of of the triggers to the hotshoe and attach the other to the flashgun - there's your off camera flash! Add another to another flash gun and you've got two wireless flashes. You can even use a fourth as a wireless trigger. Highly recommended.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 4 October 2012
I bought these triggers for my Nikon D3100 and they worked straight outa the box. They take 4 AAA batteries "2 in each trigger". They dont have to be in line of sight either which is handy. I set them up with a flash gun as well, one on top of the camera and one under the flashgun, set the camera to manual flash and boom they triggered the flash. A great piece of kit for the camera but might I say "do your homework and make sure they work with your camera before your purchase" ALL IN ALL 10/10.. Edited 9/12/2013, they are still working nicely and now work with my Nikon D7100 without fault.
on 3 December 2012
Bought this item to replace older version of wireless release, and find it far superior, especially as it can also trigger flash. If you have considered buying a remote release set-up, I would seriously recommend this one.
on 25 February 2013
A super bit of kit, can't fault it, have used it to fire my camera 100ft away and also to fire flash.
on 7 May 2013
These triggers are great, I am a wedding and portrait photographer and bought these to try some new ideas on my brides. They are very sturdy and easy to use, just pop one on your hotshoe and another on the bottom of your flash gun and away you go. There is no TTL so set your camera to manual and set flash power manually, I use a Nikon D2X and SB910 speedlite and the triggers work a dream. They have a range of up to 400m and walls are not a problem, the only downside is that the on/off switch is on the top and the Speedlite obscures it so you have to turn the trigger on before fitting it to your flash.
Highly recommended.
on 30 August 2013
Simple to use device with two simple purposes, both of which work perfectly.
The remote shutter release works as expected with a Nikon d3100 using the supplied cable, giving a half press as well as full release. A single unit, when mounted in the hot shoe, can be both remote shutter release and master unit for flash. This means that with the YN560 III (which has built in RF capability) I can use one unit for these two functions on the camera and the other in my hand to activate it. Perfect.
on 13 January 2014
If you are thinking about placing the order for these, you have already taken a step in right direction. These work as transmitters and receivers, I have been using them for 4 months now and are pretty reliable.

I have not used the more expensive products and won't be able to provide a comparative review but at this price this is a no brainer. I placed orders for the first set and within 2 weeks placed another one.