on 28 January 2012
This edition for the Kindle is ideal.

It is easier to carry the Kindle around because it is so slim to fit into a bag.

It is not only a phrase book but also a dictionary. You just have to enter a word - Spanish or English and you get a quick response without having English to Spanish or vice versa. But do not include the definite article when entering a Spanish word.

The phrase book has clear sections to enable you to look up what you want quickly such as how to ask directions. It also gives phonics to help with pronunciations.

A very useful e-book to have on the Kindle
on 8 January 2012
I lost my previous collins dictionary and to be honest the one I chose to replace it was no match at all. The collins version has very easy to use phrases and ones which are relevant for day to day use in Spain.
on 17 March 2012
Just back from my first-ever trip to Spain. I'd meant to learn some Spanish beforehand but...
So I ordered this in a bit of a panic and it was a good job I did as hardly anyone spoke English where I stayed!
I found this book covered almost everything I needed and the pronunciation guide seemed to get me understood. It's very small so easy to keep in your pocket, and colour-coded so you can find what you need fairly quickly.
Although the 'menu reader' is pretty extensive, there were several menu items in the restaurants and tapas bars I visited which weren't included.
The 'communications' section covers phones, texting, fax - but not where you go to post a postcard which would have been useful.
The only other problem I had with this book is that it isn't very well-bound so frequently-used pages fall out pretty quickly.
However, it was good for a bargain buy.
on 20 May 2012
Excellent book. If you are taking one book to Spain this summer, then I thoroughly recommend this one. I am a student of Spanish and while this does not explain why you should use this or that phrase, it does not matter just use it, the Spaniards will understand it.
on 24 January 2012
I bought the Kindle version of this phrasebook. The description says that you can access the dictionary from anywhere just by typing either an English or Spanish word and selecting the 'Search Dictionary' box at the bottom of every page. Not in my edition! No 'Search Dictionary' box appears on any page. The usual Kindle 'Find' facility is available but that never takes you to the dictionary. Is this why the phrasebook is on offer throughout January? It makes the Kindle version just about useless.
on 11 February 2012
A truly pocket sized little book full of useful phrases. Yet to put it to the test, but it would seem to cover most situations.
on 19 March 2013
This does not work on Kindle. I should have taken note of the review which has already stated this because exactly the same thing has happened to me - I can't get past the first page, although I can go back a page and see the cover! Not useful at all. I think it is very wrong of Amazon to continue to sell something which does not work! Wish there was an easy way to contact them and tell them what I think!
on 16 January 2015
A useful book for swotting up before you go to Spain. But probably a bit complicated for use when you are on holiday for example. The layout of some parts of the book is poor and the use of english equivalents to Spanish pronounciation is often approximate (though it mainly works quite well).
on 18 August 2015
Recommended by my brother. I have got other pocket guides but this is by far the best. Found it invaluable. Excellent sections for all day to day scenarios and emergencies. Brilliant translation lists of food you will encounter. Phonetic breakdowns to help. It never left my side.
on 4 April 2011
Some language CDs go at a fast pace so that it is difficult to make out the pronunciation. The speech on this CD is at a slow enough pace to be able to make out the words, allowing you to work up to fluent speech. The phrase book is well laid out with section headings on the page edge. definitely one to go for.