on 15 August 2017
New - great book - easy to follow.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 3 May 2014
I bought this kindle edition to read on my ipad. One of the most important things when learning German grammar is to get to grips with the word endings. To do this the tables need to be set out clearly and simply. This fails miserably. Whoever typed the tables was an amateur and didn't have a clue what they were doing. It seems to get worse the further through you go.
For example: One word in the table will start in the middle. The one underneath may be to the left. Then again it may be to the right.
Sometimes, believe it or not, the word will be split into two with one half on one line and the other on another line, maybe to the left, or then again maybe to the right.
This renders most of the tables useless. What makes it worse is that if you need the print a little larger it distorts it even further. Oh, and did I mention that some of the tables don't fit on the page, so you get part of it on one page and part on another?
I would have given it five stars otherwise as it does go through the grammar simply and methodically.
on 23 January 2011
If you've been learning German for a little while, if you've progressed beyond the absolute basics and now would like to construct sentences of your own, then I can recommend this book for you. It's easy to dip into for reference and reminders, and light enough to be entertaining and encouraging. Perfect for your home studies; right now it's my bedtime reading of choice - LOL
on 27 October 2011
Excellent book. Concise, easy to understand German grammar, with good explanations and examples. Delivery was fast and I received the item in perfect condition. Overall and excellent service and a great item, for a very reasonable price.
on 9 March 2012
There is nothing wrong with the Collins German Grammar book in itself but I'm beginning to think that it is not suited for kindle. I'm actually thinking of buying the paperback copy too. Kindle is fine for reading in sequence but with a grammar book you search for items here and there and I certainly haven't found a good way of doing that on kindle. I know you can put in book marks but even that has not really helped me. If you want to read the grammar book in order of paragraphs then this kindle book is great.
on 23 January 2013
A very clear and easy-to-read grammar book. I think it is suitable for beginners or who need systematic study of fundamental German grammar.
on 22 April 2012
I am thoroughly enjoyiong reading this helpful book. German Grammar is not easy but Collins book is very straight forward and helps you to gain understanding of a difficult language issue. I am currently reading the section on nouns and am enjoying it very much.
on 26 November 2013
This has answered all my questions so far and provided extra useful information. The verb index could be more directly accessible.
on 14 January 2013
This is an absolute must for students of beginners to intermediate German. This book was able to clear up so many of my doubts and queries in almost all German grammar topics! The book itself is structured in such a way that it is very easy to find your way around it and each aspect of grammar is dealt with in a very clear and concise manner. There are numerous examples of grammar in everyday use which i also found helpful. I have recommended this book to other friends and will continue to do so as long as Collins keep publishing texts such as these.
on 2 May 2014
Very bad on my Kindle Cloud Reader. The examples' font size is less than half of the explanation's size. I am forced to use a very large text in order to read it. As a result, I can only see 12 short lines per page. The book is absolutely impractical.
I will try to return it, as I'm very unhappy with this product.

If you are starting to learn German and want something "easy", I would suggest to download Schenke - Seago - Basic German, which is a free pdf. Just google it.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse