on 11 August 2017
I absolutely loved re-reading this book. Aside from New York, this is my favourite book in the I Heart Series. I also just love the setting for this book. Not only is Angela in plenty of drama, she is in plenty of drama in Las Vegas. The first time I read this book I hadn't been to Las Vegas, but now I have and I loved visiting it again through Angela and Jenny's eyes. The description of Las Vegas and the description of the kind of things that Angela and Jenny do in Las Vegas is just spot on and so if you haven't been to Vegas but want to then this is definitely the read for you!

Of course I loved seeing these characters again and I loved the fact that Angela, Jenny and Alex were all in the same city at the same time. I was really pleased that Jenny was back in the picture in this one, she really is the most fun to read and I think we should all have bracelets with the WWJD but the J stands for Jenny, the best J Lo! James Jacobs is also back in this book and I loved seeing him again, I really wish he was my GBF! Angela has some seriously silly moments in this book, just like in Hollywood and she really frustrated me when it came to her visa storyline but I LOVED the way she and Alex interacted in this book. It felt just like my friends' relationships and so they were very welcome in my little mind story!

I have already mentioned the visa storyline. This storyline surround Angela and her need to renew a visa which would allow her to stay in the states. I myself am in the middle of visa issues and this made me a little anxious to read but it was a real proper storyline, something that is really happening to real people and so I was a big fan of this storyline. There are also some really really hilarious moments when it comes to Angela and Jenny on The Strip, of course. I don't want to spoil any of those particular mishaps but they were just as funny, if not more the second time around.

This is a great installment in the series, you definitely need to read these books in order but I really do think that, aside from the first in the series, this is my favourite!
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 6 September 2017
I Heart Vegas written by Lindsey Kelk for me was another great read which I thoroughly enjoyed for the simple reason it is written so well I felt I knew Angela Clark personally. This is the fourth book in this excellent series and one which I know I will return to as I simply have never laughed so much while reading a book. I would also recommend the audio version I Heart Vegas which is narrated by Cassandra Harwood, and I have to say she narrates each book in this series and I have loved every one of them as she has a wonderful way with accents and each character has their own voice.
In this book, Angela and her partner in cream Jenny Lopez go to Vegas and to say they had a manic time is rather an understatement, with each new day new dramas seemed to appear and each drama had me laughing out loud. Angela tries her best to keep control of each situation but the more she tries, the more haywire each new day is.
There is a serious tone to this book which the others had not got, I think it is a sign that Angela and Alex are starting to settle but problems come their way but of course, Angela has her own way of dealing with problems which at times had me cringing yet still very entertaining.
It is a book which will shock and entertain you in equal measures, and one I would recommend to all ages though I would state if you are easily shocked this might not be the book for you.
I Heart Vegas written by Lindsey Kelk is a wonderful read and one I am happy to recommend.
on 11 November 2016
I can't be the only one who noticed!!! In I Heart Paris we have the following
1. It's August
2. Alex turns 30
3. Louisa finds out she's 5 months pregnant
4. Louise finds out the gender of the baby and wants to share but Angela wants a suprise

Now in I Heart Vegas
1. It's December (4 months later)
2. Alex is now 31
3. Louisa amazingly has 4 months of her pregnancy last (soooo 5 months pregnant at end of book, 4 months have passed but isn't due for another 4 months. That's 13 months!!!!)
4. They both forget that Louisa has already found out the gender and now says she doesn't know and they arent finding out!

Dispite this I still enjoyed the book but the inconsistency has annoyed me
review image review image review image review image review image
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 23 December 2011
I just love Lindsey Kelk's writing. She has a very funny way of putting characters across and Angela Clark is a perfect example of that. The I Heart series started with I Heart New York, followed by I Heart Hollywood and then I Heart Paris. Her latest release I Heart Vegas features Angel and her pals as she seems to get herself in a pickle.

The first I Heart Book I read I enjoyed but wasn't overly in love with. Fast forward to today, the day I completed I Heart Vegas and you will find a woman that is slightly in love with Angela Clarke, and wants her very own Angela for Christmas!!!

For people who haven't read previous books in the series, it doesn't matter you could still pick this book up and read it no worries. But if like me you want to get to know the characters and the story behind Angela ending up in New York then start at the beginning of the series.

By this point in Angela's life she is living in New York with her boyfriend Alex and things are going swimmingly. There is however one sticking point, and a rather major one at that. Angela's visa has expired and as she's no longer working it's a bit of a problem. The first few chapters of the book were amusing but not rip roaringly funny, but it was fun to see Angela get herself into all sorts of trouble (as usual) while she tries desperately to appear as if everything is okay to Alex. When her friend Jenny decides that a weekend trip to Vegas is the way to cheer them up, she has no idea what will end up happening.

At this point in the book the humour goes from amusing, to cringe-worthy embarrassment but laugh out loud funny. Angela's friend Jenny is a rude, brash and very outgoing sort of girl and the two of them together get themselves into some very awkward situations. The theme behinds the whole story makes for great reading and although Angela is a hopeless case you can't help wishing that everything works out okay for her.

By the last part of the book I literally couldn't put it down and just had to go right through to the end. This sort of read is classic chick lit. The mix of two girls on a crazy weekend in Vegas, especially with the stunts they manage to pull off as well as the romance behind the story made for a fabulous read and possibly the best in the I Heart series.

The only downside is that I have to wait impatiently for the next instalment some time next year entitled I Heart London.
on 28 August 2017
I absolutely love the I heart series. Lindsey Kelly is an incredible writer who is witty and can really take you away into another country, another city and another life whilst making it familiar with your own. Worth a read for sure.
on 12 January 2012
I loved I heart NY, and Hollywood and Paris, but this one didn't totally live up to the standard set.

On the whole this book was a page turner and a very easy read, which is what you come to expect from Lindsey Kelk (my kind of reading), and the story line was good, and there was lots of laugh out loud moments... and to be honest the end had me crying, something the other books hadn't managed.

But from liking the character of Jenny, I found her quite hard to relate to in this book, and found her fairly unpleasant. I also wanted more Vegas, it was all alcohol and clothes and little in the way of city descriptions :( Also did anybody else notice a little continuity error that really bugged me: at the start of the book Angela was insistent that she could not drink and fly bla bla bla, then at the end of the book she couldn't fly without a gin?!

I am aware this is a fairly negative review, but I guess I was just a little disappointed. It could have been worse, and I did enjoy it, just less than others! Looking forward to I heart London, I'm hoping for a big English wedding!
on 13 May 2013
I heart the entire I heart series. I got one free with something and got totally addicted to the series and bought them all. Is a great read for the train or also would be good for the beach - just make sure you got the whole series or you'll be kicking yourself to read the others pronto! A lovely finale to a brillant series - well done Lindsey Kelk! :)
on 13 August 2017
I love a good series of books, and this one has been no exception. The characters are developed further in this part and the ending is satisfying and encouraging (me to get the next book, like, now! Thanks x
on 9 August 2017
The books are becoming extremely repetitive and therefore slightly boring. The amount of inconsistencies are growing too from book to book, which is rather annoying.
on 9 July 2017
Love this series. Can't put it down. But seriously this girl needs to stop drinking. Interested to see how Jenny's life will unfold