All of my portable hard drives and CD-DVD rewriters are equipped with their own hard cases. It was therefore an automatic choice to buy a hard case for my first CD-DVD-BD rewriter which I also purchased from Amazon. 'Hard case' is a bit of a misnomer because none of the hard cases I possess are truly 'hard' because they all have a degree of 'give' in their design. This 'give' is partly to absorb shocks and vibrations but also to keep its contents clean and free from scuffing and scratching. The iGadgitz hard case performs these tasks extremely well. However, unlike the other hard cases I possess, mostly manufactured by Case Logic, there is more 'give' in the iGadgitz design which I attribute to its greater area and relatively thin profile. I therefore conclude its 'crush resistance' is probably lower than my Case Logic hard cases. However, it is very unlikely that my new CD-DVD-BD Rewriter will be subject to extreme crushing forces since it will be carried in a padded laptop bag.

I would like to have seen a compartment for extra cables and accessories which I now have to carry separately.

The iGadgitz Travel Hard Case was recommended by Amazon to complement the particular CD-DVD-BD Rewriter I purchased and I therefore have no hesitation in endorsing that recommendation.

I have purchased another of these cases and uprated its Star Rating. Perfect protection!
on 6 January 2015
Good sturdy case. Has internal velcro divider that can be moved to fit DVD player size and elastic velcro grip for cable in the remaining space. A little over-priced for what it is (would prefer more a £9.99 price) but does the job!
on 9 July 2017
Worked as expected
on 8 May 2014
I have a Samsung external CD/DVD and wanted something sturdy to keep it safe. Good size with place for cables and discs. Recommended
on 13 December 2014
Quick delivery, item sleek and tidy, as advertised.
on 30 December 2011
iGadgitz Black EVA Travel Hard Case Cover Sleeve for External DVD CD Blu-Ray Rewriter / Writer. excellent product, just the job, strong and ridged case stops all knocks and bangs when storing and transporting CD/DVD drive.
on 4 February 2014
Larger and heavier than anticipated, item returned with no problems or questions. The ability to return unsuitable items so easily is a bonus for this network.
on 8 May 2014
I had to get a case for a disc drive and this seemed to fit the bill. I've managed to ram in more than 3 discs as shown in the picture and I can still close and zip the case very easily. So it'll protect my disc drive and carry about 6 or more disc depending how forceful you want to be
on 9 November 2013
My external drive goes in with room to spare, and has a short built in USB, so doesn't need the generous space provide to store one.
But it will do the job better than any alternative I could find.
on 9 August 2012
this case is brilliant - although i was shocked at the size it was almost the size of my netbook!! when it turned up once i put the dvd rewriter in it was the perfect size i really like the extra pad to store cds in - i can keep my operating cds with the drive making life very easy for carrying everything in one place without filling out my book bag with bulky cds in cases - the hard cover gives peace of mind that even if you dropped it the drive and cds are well protected very very pleased with my purchase!