on 26 January 2014
I've been using the Repel 55 Deet Insect Repellant over 8 months in a tropical location. On one occasion I was the only person at a beach barbecue who did not get bitten. I like the manual pump spray, which although not as easy to use as a pressurised aerosol if inverted, does not produce such unpleasant spray fumes.
on 6 July 2014
Really useful and effective - I spend months at a time in the tropics i areas where mosquitos are a problem and have found this to be really good - also doesn't feel too bad on the skin and has very little smell. Recommended
on 19 November 2011
Partner and I took 3 bottles to Goa for two weeks. Whilst reapplying regularly we received no bites. Those we did have we were (unfortunately) able to put down to forgetting to reapply on one particular evening whilst enjoying a few beers. Really pleased and will definitely buy again.
on 2 May 2014
Took this to Cambodia. Never troubled by insects. In the second hotel we stayed in we were both eaten alive by ants, had to move to another room. Seems to work well on other things. Does make your eyes water in a confined space.
on 8 September 2015
We used this on our daughter as we travelled across Indonesia. She has been badly bitten in the past so we were taking no chances. Its a lot milder than the 100 and worked perfectly. Not a single bite. It also lasts a very long time. One bottle should last well over a month, applied to arms and legs everyday. We have also used the 100 but I think this is a lot more suitable unless you are travelling into extreme conditions.
on 13 May 2016
Oily - but does the job and keeps the bugs off. We didn't get bitten once.

Longest we went between treatments was about 5 hours, and that included getting wet.

One of these bottles lasts about 3-4 days for 2 average adults. For a weeks hol, you will 2
on 5 November 2013
I purchased this repellent as I believe Deet is the best anti mosquito chemical around, Staying in a resort surrounding a lake, all the reviews said a repellent was a must. It's not the best smelling spray but It was to stop the bites not impress the girls lol.
Deet 55 is not as concentrated as Deet 100 but it's also not as smelly, or as harsh on fabrics or sensitive skins. Friends we were with used Tropical repellent and still got bitten where my Repel 55 stayed the mozzies away. It didn't take long for everyone to start using my Repel 55 so good job I had the triple pack.
on 22 November 2013
Worked well in Cuba no bites for two people. only problem one of the sprays was faulty ,prone to squirting in your eye if you were not careful
on 1 January 2015
Really liked this product the smell wasn't overpowering and it goes on like an oil. I was in Africa for 2 weeks and got bit only twice I believe through my clothing on my legs as I didn't use spray there as I was covered up. It was the day we were with wildebeest migration though so the numbers of tough flies were massive. One bottle lasted two of us 2 weeks and we applied twice a day. Good value
on 10 November 2015
Absolutely excellent, this was my life saver in Jamaica this summer. I usually get bitten to pieces but this year using this product not a single bite. Will ALWAYS take this on holiday with me in future.