Customer reviews

on 7 November 2011
Really great book. Succinct, witty, very wise and realistic. I highly recommend this little book ... no wasted words and plenty of clear information and clear thinking. Really helpful.
3 people found this helpful
on 29 December 2012
After being in a relationship with as toad for the past 8 years this book is a God send for claiming back your sanity. I questioned myself on a daily basis "Am I really the problem"? the answer is a resounding NO.
This book is a must read for anyone who has been or is in an emotionally abusive relationship.
2 people found this helpful
on 21 March 2014
What a Overview of my love life this book got everything i went through and the right words of encouragment down to a T.
Reccommended this book
Very useful and describes a narcissist very clear and concised.
on 29 September 2013
This book helped me more in one day than two years of counselling. Can't thank you enough. I thought it was me - but now I see I have been vulnerable, not shameful. Thank you.
2 people found this helpful
on 29 January 2015
I don't know what I'd have done without this book. No others on this subject came close. Was a support and companion. Helped me make sense of things and probably stopped me going under. Thank you Alexandra Nouri.
on 31 July 2016
As above all true and opens your eyes! Highly recommend this book to anyone living with or has just split from a toad!
on 22 January 2014
I chose this rating because it is simple to read, easy to understand and gets through to "a sometimes, "very thick skull" it's real and most of all, it makes sense.
on 7 November 2016
Excellent. Bit of humour.
on 10 December 2013
Never reviewed a book before. This one, has been eye opening and life changing and hilariously funny all the way through. Over and out.
on 5 August 2014
What an absolutely invaluable 'First Aid Kit' for anyone either reeling from the aftershock of - or still in the agonising and confusing throes of - being 'up close and personal' with a Narcissist/Psychopath/Emotional Vampire or other of that ilk, here termed a Toad. Like an emergency glucose ''hit' for someone suffering a diabetic hypo, this book goes straight to where it's needed FAST - yes, there are many other books out there dealing, oftentimes very well and very thoroughly, with the same subject matter BUT for someone unaware of what's happening (or just happened) to them, this book offers an immediate, effective escape route from the maelstrom of confusion, self-doubt, misery, etc. It gets you back to yourself, speaking directly to the 'inner, autherntic you' - cutting through the 'cult like' brainwashing/conditioning/manipulation the Toad has employed to help itself at your expense. I speak from personal experience when I say I wish I had found this book in the early days of my own personal 'Toad experience' a decade ago! Absolutely recommended.