Customer reviews

Colour: Dark Brown|Size: One Size|Change

on 1 June 2017
I've never had or used a skipping rope and know nothing about them but this seems like a good bit of kit. Appears to be solid and 'old school' with leather and wood components. As one who is 56 years old and very heavy I had no urge to get the newer-looking 'speed' ropes since it's all I can do to get off the ground at all and have no need for speed. Only used it a few times but can say that the handles/swivels spin nicely and hanging it up to remove the kinks in the leather rope seems to be a good idea.

I'm 6ft tall and the rope seemed to be the right length so it might be too short for taller people but, as I said, I have no practical experience of these items.

I didn't receive any loose weights and they're not in the handles but I don't care; if I become that accomplished I'll simply put other heavy stuff in the handles.
on 19 April 2017
This is a great skipping rope for anyone looking to get in an upper body workout as well as lower.

It's definitely heavier than normal skipping ropes but it's not heavy to the point where you would struggle to use it for a long period of time. I usually feel quite good after a 15 minute session on it, you really do feel the burn on your shoulders.

The only bad things to mention about it are that it is made of leather, so after a couple months use it's starting to get a little worn out, although its nowhere near breaking in two. The handles will also start to squeak when you use it, but it's nothing a little WD40 can't fix.
on 15 November 2015
Tried unscrewing the ropes to remove the weight (as it states you are able to) but they were not able to be unscrewed, instead the screws got stuck inside the threading of one of the handles and the weight was offset from the centre. Now whenever I try to use the rope one of the handles has a bad squeak and it doesn't rotate properly. The rope itself deteriorates on any surface unless it's extremely smooth. Would not recommed, I suggest the gold gym's skipping rope instead if you are looking for a medium weight rope, that was what I replaced this skipping rope with. Complete waste of money
on 5 March 2013
Comes very quickly from the supplier. Handles are nice and smooth for wood. Weights in the end require a big screwdriver to undo, but they come out easily. Makes quite a difference once they are removed, but I left mine in for the challenge. Leather rope is very good quality, but like all leather ropes, its needs hanging to get the "kinks" out of it, or standing on the rope and puling the handles will reduce these.

To alter the rope length you need an 3mm allen key to undo a grub screw in one of the swivel joints on a handle. It doesn't have to come all the way out so that you drop it, just 2.5 turns and the rope should pull free. Cut it down to the correct size, (standard length is great for me at 6'), insert back into swivel joint and tighten down grub screw. Away you go.

The only I thin I dont like is the sticker on the handles with the RDX logo's. Bit tacky but as your hand will be covering them it is not a biggy, especially for the price. Suppose once you decide leather is no good any more this could be replaced with PVC or cable at a later date quite easily.
on 13 April 2017
The swivel joint catches and twists the entire rope around. Replaced this with a different leather one, where the rope comes out of the handles in the normal way.
on 7 September 2017
I have been skipping for several years outdoors in all weather. Worn through many but leather is usually the best in terms of weight and durability. This one however bucks the trend. Its just the worst I have ever used, the mechanism is squeaky and slow and the rope is much lighter than handles and feels really strange. Tried it twice it sounds like I am carrying 2 glasses of ice over rough ground. Get the Tech Rise Pro. Its a great combination of speed v weight or the leather Domyos one from Decathlon. The best leather one I've used in my opinion. I know its just a rope but when it feels wrong its not enjoyable.
on 17 August 2016
This is a heavy duty skipping rope but it is excellent. The cardio part is added to by the effort it takes to keep the rope speed up and this helps build muscle across back and shoulders. The handles stop tangles. They were a good price.
on 21 January 2017
I skip around 15,000-20,000 skips per week and go through ropes every few months. Decided to try this skipping rope for a change. If you want to do anything more than the most basic skipping, avoid this rope it tangles easily is too lightweight and poorly constructed.
on 13 December 2014
Poor construction--One of the swivel parts was horribly squeaky--fixed with WD40...BUT the screw on the other side was screwed in at an off-angle--so that you couldn't even spin that part round! Returned for a refund...what a hassle.
on 25 September 2015
rope just twists and the design is awful would not recommend at all