on 18 July 2017
I thought this book was great! I have read a few Michael Connelly novels and found some much better than others. Previously 'The Lincoln Lawyer' was my favourite, but 'The Brass Verdict' is equally enjoyable; it definitely kept me guessing with plenty of twists and turns.

I find the defence attorney, Mickey Haller, a likeable, human and fascinating character, Harry Bosch is harder to get to know but we see some interesting sides to him in this novel. It's a good idea to have Haller and Bosch appearing in the same novel and interacting with one another.

It was an interesting start to the novel, with the reader being taken right back to a courtroom in 1992, the early days of Mickey's career, and the opening line hooked me straight away, 'Everybody lies'.

I definitely recommend this novel if you like a good courtroom drama and enjoy pondering did he / didn't he do it!
on 23 October 2017
I love Michael Connelly's books, they are always so readable and entertaining; always keep you interested to the end, and I never get bored at all, at any time during the books (as I often do with other books). What else can I say?? - short and to the point!!!
on 29 March 2017
Arrived quickly and in good condition- great book series for any detective/crime fan. Bosch (series on Amazon based on these books) is also great and worth a watch too!
on 16 July 2017
Set in and around Hollywood this tale of murder revenge and greed with many intriguing characters involving shocking twists and turns that will keep you up late.
on 6 December 2017
As always there are so many twists and turns. This was the second time of reading after some years but enjoyed just as much. There is more detail than is possible to recall. Real value as I didn’t have to buy it again!
on 24 March 2017
I enjoy Michael Connelly's writing style and the Harry Bosch character. Good page turners. Best to read them in the order published.
on 3 August 2017
Keeps your interest right the way through. Also you add to your enjoyment looking up map places. Nice read.
on 2 October 2017
One of my favourite authors. Bought first one from a charity stall and have read nearly all of them now.
on 6 December 2017
Lots of twists and turns and a different view of Bosch, struggling with the politics, relationships and responsibilities of his multiple roles. Humanises Harry taking away some of the tough shell.
on 17 July 2017
another brilliant book could not put it down Michael Connelly is a fantastic imaginer and storyteller