on 1 March 2018
Yet another wonderful read from the pen of Erica James. I absolutely love Erica James books. I have every one of them
on 6 July 2017
As usual, a very difficult book to put down. I love the twists & turns Erica puts in her stories, and this is no exception. I'm only sorry that I have now read all of her books. Can't wait for a new one to come out
on 22 May 2014
If you want an easy to read book that is not too taxing then this is perfect. I won't go into the story but it's not too complicated and I found that I knew how the book would end mid way through. However, the main characters are likable and I enjoyed seeing how they developed throughout the novel. I wish I had kept it for my summer holiday as it would have been the perfect read on a sun lounger.
on 28 April 2014
This is a heart warming story. The trials of poor Katie and her birth father were really well written. The shock of finding out that the lovely man she thought was her father was not was very touching. She was very considerate of her birth father,s family and tried hard not to upset anyone. Worth a read. Would definately read work by this author again.
on 8 March 2014
When I first started reading I was unsure but after the first few pages I just couldn't put it down
It would appeal to all age groups and is a heartwarming story about a young girl whose life is turned upside down as the pages unfold and covers all aspects of family life as you would never imagine.
A brilliant read written by an author who understands true emotion
on 1 February 2017
My third read by Erica James. I've enjoyed all and look forward to more. The author writes books that are easy to read and that suits me.
on 25 April 2014
Set somwhere west of London this is the account of a woman parachuted into a dysfunctional family when she discovers who her true father is. Unfortunately she makes her appearance just as tragedy strikes, and battle lines are quickly drawn between the pro and anti Katie factions in the family. When all skeletons were out of cupboards, I thought everything would settle down, not a bit of it, the villains turn out to be not really bad at all, and suddenly people are forgiven, when they have actually said quite unforgivable things.
on 23 September 2012
I have read almost all of Erica James novels and enjoyed them because in most cases I know well the area of which she writes. Her stories are always well constructed and this is one of the best in that respect, the people she introduces are three dimensional and totally believable with the odd exception which somehow brings the remainder into focus. A well recommended read.
on 13 April 2017
Great book
on 28 June 2014
Maybe predictable that it turned out 'happily ever after' but that is how I like it, and that is why I have read all her books. Just good, clean storyline. Nothing explicit, just implied.

Great the way the story comes together and as it is a modern book lots of references that you can relate to.

Definitely recommend this book