Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.74

I have read a couple of books by this author which I absolutely loved, so was very much looking forward to reading this one

To start with I have to admit I did find it a bit slow going but once I started getting into it, I was well and truly gripped.

As a parent I could fully empathise with John and Naomi. To lose a child has got to be one of the worst things in life possible. So to get the chance to have another baby that can be guaranteed to have none of the illnesses that can be passed on in the genes from the parents, well who wouldn't take it?

The author has created a story that is extremely thought provoking. Scientists have come so far and designer babies is something that is probably very possible if not already. I certainly don't agree with people playing god and dictating what a human being is going to be like but the thought of also putting a stop to illnesses that leave devastation in its trail is a very positive part of it.

Having a child should be some of the happiest times in a parents lives, but for one, John and Naomi are still trying to recover from the fact that even though they only wanted one child they have twins, also they have to get used to the fact that Phoebe and Luke are unlike any other child of their age.

Perfect People after the slow start is one that literally had me on my seat. Not only does John and Naomi have to learn to cope with being parents to two highly intelligent twins, they are also living in fear as there are people out there who are very much against what they have done.

This is one story that I won't forget in a hurry. It would also make a brilliant film. John and Naomi's story is one that will really pull on your heart strings and I found it quite an emotional read towards the end.
on 10 January 2015
Loved this book, a real gripping page turner which I couldn't put down, a long way away from the Roy Grace Detective series but equally thrilling in a very different way.

I couldn't imagine what the ending would be but wow what an ending it was, never guessed it and it gave me shivers on the back of my neck.

Can thoroughly recommend this author you will not be disappointed.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 25 December 2011
This book wasn't at all what I was expecting from Peter James as I'd ordered it automatically as a follower of his Roy Grace series. At first I thought I wouldn't enjoy the book for, as a biologist, I found some of speculative manipulation of genes to alter behaviour and intelligence implausible. However, once the thriller aspect of the book got underway I was gripped by the twists and turns in the narrative. Without giving anything away I think the ending is less successful and smacked of James Bond crossed with Brave New World. Worth reading, but I think the author should stick to what he does best: detective fiction.
on 27 May 2017
I have read nearly all the Dead books by Peter James and am hooked on these, so I thought I would give one of his others a try. Quite different but really hard to put down....I would definitely recommend this book, easy reading, but gripping
on 15 April 2017
The book starts slowly and I nearly gave up. Fortunately I continued, not only did the story improve but it got to a stage where I couldn't put it down.
on 20 April 2017
Another brilliant tale from the fantastic Peter James. The diversity of the subjects he writes about never ceases to amaze. This chilling tale is all the more scary as science and technology move forward at such an alarming rate.
on 30 March 2017
I read this in paperback (borrowed) and enjoyed it so much that I bought the Kindle version when it was on offer at £1.19 to read again sometime.
on 30 June 2012
Very enjoyable read - quite gripping! New author to me and I haven't previously read any novels on the subject of genentics. This book has really given me food for thought about how Humans have evolved in so many ways but still have a cave dweller mentality in others. My only niggle is that the ending - I certainly didn't guess the ending, but would have liked a few of the loose ends tied up before it finished! Hey it 20p in Kindle at the moment... I'm not complaining!
on 1 March 2017
Love Peter James but was not sure about this as it's not really what I read, but wow it's so good.
on 30 June 2017
one amazing; eerily this could happen in the future and it makes one think very good I was gripped!