on 28 June 2017
Could not put this book down. Loved every chapter. Well worth a read.
on 24 September 2017
very well written...
on 5 October 2012
This book is excellent. It answered many of my questions clearly and without embellishment. The Author had a very compelling closeness and understanding of what was being revealed to him. A must-have read for anyone interested in the spirit world.
on 20 October 2014
A truly brilliant and inspiring read. Mr McMahon has a wonderful style and writes as if he has written it just for the individual reader. I do hope he has more to impart with more writing, because otherwise I shall have to keep re-reading this although I shall enjoy doing that anyway. It gives the reader great calm and a more rational loving approach to how we must all face the end of our physical life.
on 15 March 2014
I lost my husband, aged 40 to cancer two years ago. He was the love of my life and my soulmate. I had to watch him suffer and slowly die, the pain has been unbearable. It makes you question everything about life...how cruel it can be, and it makes you wonder what comes next. This book was a great comfort to me, it's not trying to influence those who are vulnerable, it's simply an honestly written, easy to understand view of life after death. I cried buckets whilst reading it and had to keep putting it down and going back to it but by the end i felt a kind of inner peace and far less angry with the world. I'm also less afraid of dying myself. Give it a go.
on 4 March 2017
i suffer with anxiety about death and have had counciling but this book did more for me than councilling iam not as frightend of death as I was and wether you believe in this book or not it will give you something to think about . this book is a must read in my opinon sceptic or not
on 17 March 2017
Love this book. Brings so much comfort and the chapter about Brian took my breath away. If you are grieving, this book will give you so much comfort.
on 9 January 2013
I liked it but it certainly did not convince me that Angels really do exist. That has to come from one's own experience and the conversations of the book only luke warm the sceptical reader to the idea that they are a reality. It certainly did not provide any answers, just one person's very subjective experiences and beliefs.
on 14 October 2010
I first read books (The Grand Design series) by Paddy MacMahon after an illness some years ago, and found immediately that they made total sense of life and spirituality for me. I found that when reading and re-reading them, I always felt uplifted and enlightened by them. But more recently, when very badly injured in a car crash, I was so grateful that I had read them earlier, their content having given me an understanding of life and so I had the hope and strength to recover from an almost hopeless situation. This latest book of Paddy MacMahon's takes one even further into learning, and is the best yet, I feel. We never know when our lives may take a very difficult turn for us, but armed with the knowledge from this book, I'd say one could cope with anything and come through whole and unafraid. He writes so unassumingly and honestly, and totally credibly. A truly wonderful book and one which I regularly recommend to all friends of like mind.
on 25 May 2017
Brought this book as I have a keen interest in the spirit world and my own mum is passing over has little time. Also I read this book helps the grieving process I'm doing it in reverse order not that I think there is a right way to grieve. I hope it helps me like it seems to other grieving relatives