Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
In a previous life I once had a job in a tech call centre and used to sit all day wearing a one-sided headset, so I can appreciate how uncomfortable these things can get after a while. Thankfully Sennheiser seem to appreciate that too and have made the PC7 headset very lightweight and comfy. It's almost too lightweight since it doesn't take much of a tug on the cable to dislodge it and, because the cable is only long enough to reach behind your desktop computer while you're sitting right in front of it, you have to quickly learn to accommodate the cable and its limits. The USB plug is slightly longer than normal, because it contains the digital~analogue convertor needed for USB audio, and I noticed it picked up occasional interference from my mobile phone if they were placed too close together, so you might have to make allowances for that too.

You'd expect a Sennheiser headset to have decent sound quality and it does, there's quite a full bass sound but treble is muted, although this might be to soften voices and make listening to lots of long phone-calls more bearable. The microphone isn't half bad either and, although not up to true hi-fi standards, it would be good enough to do a quick voiceover on your home videos or an amateur podcast. The inbuilt noise-cancelling will silence background noise while you're not talking and tries, not entirely successfully, to reduce it while you are. Note that the mic only moves up and down and you can't adjust it away from or closer to the face or alter the length of the stalk - although to be fair I never felt like I needed to.

The headset doesn't need any drivers to be installed, both Windows PC's and Mac's will automatically recognise it as an audio device when you plug it in, but you might need to check it's set as the default audio input and/or output device in your system settings to get things working properly. All together the Sennheiser PC7 is a well-made, good quality and comfortable headset for its intended purpose - making VOIP calls and using voice recognition or language software. It wouldn't be the best for gamers, who generally need to hear both sides of the stereo mix, but for all standard monaural audio tasks it's a really good choice.
I wear a headset for much of the working day as, working from home, I have an IP softphone on my work laptop.

My previous headset, by comparison, was far less comfortable and the sound quality, both receiving and for the microphone, was nowhere as good as these.

Lightweight, good quality, good sound quality, good price from a premium brand, you couldn't ask for more.

Recommended.

BTW - they also come as "Skype certified" and I can confirm that they are indeed good for Skype use :-)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is as basic as you can get - a mono headset with no physical volume or mic controls, so be sure to have the volume icon handy in the task bar and be careful when first used because this can get surprisingly loud.

The noise cancelling refers to the microphone, obviously, as by design one ear is left open so you can still hear what's going on around you - handy when collaborating over a call in the office. This feature seems to work fine, and if you record the output from the mike it plays back more than satisfactorily, and I certainly had no complaints from anyone I spoke to on Skype.

Sennheiser has become something of my go-to make for reliable, well-made head-sets and this is another fine example, but very much made to a price. The cable really could benefit from being another couple of feet longer - particularly noticeable when you're bending down from a seated position to fetch files from drawers etc., though obviously this will depend on where your PC is located. For instance, if you keep the main base unit tucked away against the wall, under your desk, you may need to buy a USB extension lead for it to reach.

Overall I'm satisfied with the sound and voice quality, but you do get what you pay for. Sennheiser as a brand is first rate in general.
on 8 June 2014
Great little half headset. I use mine mostly for Air Traffic Control in FSX but it works just as well as a skype headset etc.

Volume is great and both the mic and headset produce very clear audio. Would have been nice to have a mic mute button somewhere on the headset or even the usual sennheiser thing of auto muting the mic when it is in the up position.
on 13 September 2015
This headset fits my needs perfectly. Thanks to the fact that one of my ears is free now, i can talk using a high quality microphone (yea i get compliments) and listen to the music coming from my speakers as well. A no-brainer recommended for anyone looking for a decent quality headset.
on 29 March 2015
Exactly aas expected - worked from the moment they were plugged in - just plug and play. Good sound (to one ear of course), relatively comfortable to wear and seemingly strong enough for the job.Great.
on 31 May 2013
This is a great headset. It's lightweight and comfortable and it's good for me because my left ear is stronger for listening to audio.
It's not exactly high quality but at the same time it's not cheap tacky plastic.
I would recommend this headset but if you want a 2 - ear headset then my old cheap Microsoft life chat would be better for a few quid less.

Overall good but as stated, it lacks basic features such as a mute button or volume adjuster.

Happy buying.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 3 May 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I use communication headsets when I am working on my computer and when I use the internet to talk to family and friends around the world (though it's mainly Australia and New Zealand).

I've had my set of Plantronics headphones for about 8 years and they have worked fine, but a couple of months ago I noticed that the cable by the earphones was exposed - so it is only a matter of time before they finally give out.

These Sennheiser USB communication headphones are plug and play - no need for any program download.

They take up a USB port, and there are only 2 slots on the front of my PC tower and the other slot is taken up by my Mouse. The problem would have been helped if the cable was capable of reaching round to the USB ports on the back of the tower, but it is extremely short.

I am used to a 6 foot long cable, and I've found that when I use these I would lean back in my chair, the cable would pull taught and the headset would come off. Another 12 inches (30 cm) of cable length would stop this from happening and another 24 inches would have allowed me to plug in my headset at the rear of the computer tower.

The other problem I have is the inability to position the microphone - the "stick" cannot be manipulated to move it closer to your face only up and down. This was been a problem when I was using voice software, but was resolved when I recalibrated the microphone settings - it is the first time I have had to do this since I installed the original software.

I have used the headset both for internet conversation and for my Dragon Naturally Speaking software and (with a little adjustment of the headset) it works well. The "pick-up" problem occurred with the Dragon and it is something that I have not had before, but once I had adjusted the headset position it picked up my voice well.

Overall a good headset I just wish the cable was longer and the microphone could be adjusted.
on 14 July 2013
Working remotely from colleagues we use VOIP for multiway conversations, often we want to take notes at the same time so handsfree is good. Have used cheap plastic headphones with mic on a 'stiff wire' - quite terrible. However when you buy a brand such a Sennheiser you expect more - do you get it?

The headband is adjustable which is a positive and the springiness of it is a good balance. It offers a firm enough hold to feel confident it wont slip, but not so tight as to feel your head is in a vice.

The earphone is very comfortable padded and remains comfortable for long (up to hour) conversations that we have. I've not tried it for a working day so all my comments are in that context.

The microphone is mounted as a secure swing boom. The boom rotates upwards towards the headband. The boom does not extend forwards bt this isnt a problem.

The sound quality is excellent and the VOIP software / drivers (I don't know which) do a really good job. Sound is so clear. The only negative I have (and its almost universally true of headband earpieces) is the cable seems to make a noise (not signal but physical). I find if I drape the cable around the back of my neck then such noises are minimised.

Finally I had presumed the unit would be 2x 3.5mm plugs, however it uses USB connection. A surprise for me but good because the driver / software seems to 'know' to use the headset for VOIP and not playing music.

There is no 'mute' switch but that's no problem for me.

So was it worth the money. Yes it's reasonable value for money, good comfort and good in use. If they broke, got nicked would I replace them? Yes.
on 20 March 2015
Very comfortable and the sound quality is very good. I use this on my pc with a voip phone for work. I have used other headsets and had all sorts of problems but everyone can hear me perfectly on this. The only downside is the there is no mute or volume control on the headset itself but it does say that so it wasn't a suprise.