Customer reviews

Cave Refectory Road
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£12.34

on 2 May 2012
This is a great book which had been recommended to me to read. In the midst of a busy life, it is good to just stand back for a while each day and absorb these writings. When I have finished reading the book I will, I am sure, have a much clearer idea how to live my life putting these Monastic rhythms into practice.
3 people found this helpful
on 22 March 2014
I didn't find this book nearly as deep or meaningful as other reviewers. Maybe that's more to do with me than the book, I hear you cry :). Well, maybe. But I much prefer solid teaching like the wonderful Richard Rohr, I found this pretty surface and shallow.
3 people found this helpful
on 20 July 2016
The world is such a noisy, busy, fractured place and I believe a good and wonderful Father God is constantly trying to communicate with us all. Ian Adams encourages is to stop and be still even when life is hectic. His words are like healing balm to those who are trying to walk a steady path of faith amidst the joys and pain of being alive.
on 28 June 2013
Second time I've read this book but this time I used it for a basis for retreat. The chapters are short so give opportunity to read, reflect and write before moving on. Anyone feeling there is more to life than rushing between tasks, should read the book and take in many of the possible changes to life style illustrated here. It's poetic yet practical and there is a beauty in its simplicity and practicality.
2 people found this helpful
on 28 August 2013
This book is an excellent starting point for anyone who is seeking a way in to a more balanced, reflective life. Except where the author speaks of his own experience, the territory it covers is not new, but it is written in a very accessible style. I have passed it on to someone whom I am accompanying.
2 people found this helpful
on 26 November 2016
A wonderful book that I found so helpful & thought provoking...bringing ancient practices into a modern context. My life is richer for this book.
on 3 April 2013
A small book easy to read at only 100 pages, but with a large challenge to ones personal life. It may end up doing what it sets out to do, help you change the way you live.
One person found this helpful
on 31 October 2015
Used for Church Bible reading group.
on 16 June 2014
THE SUBJECT MATTER IS SO RELEVANT......INSPIRING AND UPLIFTING. AND YET ALSO DOWN TO EAFRTH.
FOOD FOR THE SOUL INDEED THANK GOD