Customer reviews

on 7 August 2013
My son who has recently turned 17 is about to use the CD to pass the theory test. Daughter passed her theory and passed her practical first time.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have an earlier version of this package that is on three discs and both my wife and son are finding that useful as they're both learning to drive. I also use it as it's a useful thing for a driver of 33 years to keep updated and this gives me the modern perspective on how new drivers are taught. Certainly different to the only rule I was taught, which was `avoid the guy in front carrying the red flag'.

This single disc contains all the tests, hazard perception and practise section information that was on the three disc version and as noted by others is transferable across multiple platforms: i.e. iPad.

The `...although' in the title refers to the fact that DVLA have expressed an intention to change the written part of the theory test in order to prevent candidates learning by rote, so this part may become obsolete. However, that doesn't negate the useful and important exercises and the tutorial sessions whereby the exercises are unpicked.

This is a useful tool for both inexperienced and experienced drivers alike.
on 2 May 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I always find that the best way of learning is by doing, if this fails you can always fake it on a computer. This is exactly what `All-In-One Driving Test' achieves by combining the traditional learning to drive material you would find in a book, with some interactive videos and tests. All the information you could ever want is on the disc covering practical driving, hazards and theory - there are several mock papers to go through and videos that will be similar to the hazard test you will take. Like in any multiple choice based system, if you go through enough mock papers; some of the same questions are going to come up in the actual exam - very useful.

If there is one flaw with `All-In-One Driving Test' is that it is all a little clunky and workmanlike. Sure, learning to drive is not the sexiest thing ever, but I like a little more production value with my PC software. The lack of finesse is probably reflected in the price, which is very reasonable. What you get with `All-In-One Driving Test' is basically a CD-ROM that does exactly what it sets out to do - fill your brainpan with all the knowledge you will need to pass the various elements of the driving test. The added bonus of interactive questions and videos is a plus, but a current version of the Highway Code etc. is probably the most important thing you will need.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 12 February 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
If one of your children will soon be learning how to drive a car or ride a motorbike, this is a good package to get them well on the way to passing. It covers all parts of the driving test: the Highway Code (in PDF and spoken) with a separate interactive section to learn signs and signals, the theory test including eleven mock tests of 50 questions each, the hazard perception test, including 27 mock tests of 14 video clips each, an introduction to the vehicle safety questions ("show me / tell me"), and detailed walks-through of learning to drive (lesson by lesson) and of the driving test. Driving lessons will still be needed, of course, but it's otherwise a comprehensive package.

There is a link-in to LDC's driving instructor franchise, and LDC instructors will follow the lesson format described in this package, but you don't need to use an LDC instructor to benefit from the rest of the package.

Even if you already have a driving license, it's actually rather fun doing the mock exams to see how you get on - and to see what has changed since you learned to drive. The Hazard Perception test in particular is quite hard to get the hang of, as you need to flag a developing hazard at just the right time to score top marks. I was outraged to see I'd scored no points at all for a couple of scenarios I thought I'd identified correctly. Perhaps I need to practice a little more!
on 16 March 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
At the ripe old age of 43, I'm going to be taking up learning to drive again - I never took a test, so I'm wanting the kudos of passing first time (if only because it took my boyfriend 5 attempts...) and I really think that this piece of software will help me.

The interface is a little basic and clunky, but the quality of teaching materials and video clips are excellent. The tests are (reassuringly) tough so I think they are realistic preparation for the real thing, and the road sign games add a little fun into what could be a tedious exercise.

With comprehensive text and audio materials, this is excellent value ... after all, it doesn't cost much more than a gallon of fuel and a Mars bar does these days :)

I'll keep you posted about the test!
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a great little pack that, forgive the pun, should set you on the right road to passing your driving test. In it, you'll find a theory test course, a hazard perception section and an aid to help you with your practical test.

Theory Test Section: Here, you have all 1265 of the OFFICIAL DSA revision questions as well as, importantly, explanations, so you can start to get into the 'mind set' of the theory test and what you need to be looking for/thinking about. There are case studies, 10 mock tests and a case book. Perhaps best of all though, is stuff to help you learn 'on the move' with questions and the Highway Code, which can be downloaded to your iPod or mp3 player

Hazard Perception Section: This comes with over 400 hazard perception clips, again including the OFFICIAL DSA videos. You'll also enjoy 28 mock tests, and although (as far as I can tell) these aren't official DSA tests, they'll certainly help in giving you a taste of what to expect on your big day. There are also tutorials for all the clips.

Practical Test Section: A show me, tell me section provides you with 19 interactive mock test videos, covering each official DSA question. There's a game too, in which you take on the role of the examiner - this is an interesting twist and quite a unique way to learn what to look out for in your own driving.

On the whole, this is not as good as some other Pass Your Test packages I've come across (we tend to get offered quite a lot of them on the Amazon Vine programme), lacking in some of the little extras. For instance, one pack I reviewed had a section on car maintenance (the latest addition to the test) and came complete with L Plates and all the forms you need to send off for your provisional licence. However, this is reflected in the price, and what you do get, is good.

The fact that the majority of stuff is in-line with the official DSA test will definitely help put you at ease, and should calm nerves on the big day as everything will already be familiar to you. Overall, a very good aid but there are better ones out there if you are willing to pay more.

One thing I should point out, is that this pack practically pays for itself too - because you get a free lesson with the LDC driving school with each purchase. I'm sure terms and conditions apply, but nevertheless, LDC are one of the bigger names in the industry, and this little addition makes this item very good value for money.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Although theory test practice is available online this software is far more versatile, with attention paid to the practical element of the test and advice on improving practical driving skills. It's up to date and thorough, with plenty of practice on the hazard perception element that often proves difficult for some.
Given the cost of driving lessons, this is a worthwhile buy that helps to improve skills outside lesson time, with an interactive presentation to appeal to younger drivers.
on 31 January 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a useful and a piece of software. It seems to be decent value for money as well.

It is pretty comprehensive and is easy to use. It has a fairly basic interface but it does seem to cover pretty much all the areas that you would expect. The basics of the theory and practical tests are covered but there is also some more advanced material.
A free driving lesson is offered as well.
VINE VOICEon 16 January 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Having passed my theory test way back on the year it was introduced, I can only wish I had this DVD way back then.

While this item is packed full of useful information, examples and questions - I still think a good guide book is probably enough. However, this disk is about the same price as a book.

Included are a selection of real tests based on common questions, a valuable asset for people who are nervous and want to know what they can expect on the day. Although I have not required it, there is the option to transfer content to your personal devices such as iphones or multimedia players in general. In addition to text,speech and games, impressive video clips that have been created to show real on-road situations. Very useful and while perhaps a little over the top, it all helps.

While the 'multimedia' aspect are all positives, the real 'meat and bones' is the Signs and Signal tutorials and of-course, the latest Highway Code. These are interactive, with a clearly spoken voice over and several games.
Installation on my fast, modern PC was not lightning fast and I required a re-boot but I've experiences much worse.

A good item, made great by the low cost price.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 7 February 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I got this for my 15 year old nephew to start looking at now in preparation for when he is old enough to start his driving lessons. I have a big bee in my bonnet about young drivers - particularly young male drivers (from having been to many accidents involving them) and I want him to be as prepared and as careful as he can be when the time comes. I took my advanced driving test at 21 years of age and I am really glad I did - I will encourage him to do the same eventually.

Anyway, I think this software is excellent. What a great price for a piece of well rounded informative software. There were no problems setting it up or installing it and the scenarios in my opinion are really good. This will be an invaluable tool for my nephew and having gone through it myself, it has refreshed my memory and given me the odd challenge here and there - maybe we should all refresh our skills more often!!

I have given this a 4 star rating based on the content, value and ease of use. I may have given it 5 if it had been Mac compatible, because we are a family of Mac users primarily.....you can use it on an iPhone though, so all is not lost!