TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 16 May 2012
I had my phones arrive yesterday, I found the packaging just enough to keep the products safe in transit but not wasteful and equally the instructions were very compact and straight forward (nice to have just the instructions you need and not a massive wad of paper in 50 languages).

Out of the box the contents are very simple 3 power adaptors, 3 phones and 3 phone docks one with a build in answering machine. All of the parts seemed well made, the phones were quite weighty and the buttons felt like they were good quality.

Each phone was docked and plugged as suggested by the instructions (they did come with a small charge). An hour later I spent time programming the first phone, the menus are very simple / somewhat basic. I set the ring tones, named each phone 'living room', 'kitchen'..... I then programmed in a load of phone numbers. The best bit in my opinion was then the ease of transferring the phone book to the other two handsets, simply select 'copy all' from the menus, select a handset to copy to and then accept the transfer on that other handset (the transfer took about 1 minute). You do need to set up the ring tones / volumes on each individual phone, these can't be copied over.

Another one of my favourite features was the internal intercom function (assigning it a Simpsons ring tone) it is perfect for calling the kids down for dinner on the top floor of a town house, or calling the missus from bed to tell her to turn the TV down.

In use through the intercom, external calls and on speaker phone, the voice and line is very clear.

An excellent product on many levels for a very good price, thanks BT, thanks Amazon.
33 Comments| 107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 6 December 2011
Style: Trio|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is the best land line telephone I've ever owned. I've been using it for a couple of months now. It's very easy to use. The speaker phone facility is excellent and very clear and it can be turned up to quite a loud volume too; this is what gives it the edge over the other phones I've had (Philips and Panasonic so they were good phones). I can use this phone for conference meetings. It's the best looking phone I've ever owned too. Very sleek. The look is important to me as the phone has to sit next to the TV in the living room because I've just switched from BT to a tv and broad band telephone service. I think the new phone line is much clearer than the old one in any case and this phone set delivers all the benefits in full. Speech is crystal clear and my callers have commented on how clearer my calls are too. Technology and design have moved on and the easy operation of the phone takes something from mobile phone design. I'm only using one extra handset and this is fine too. All in all an excellent telephone set and highly recommended.
33 Comments| 98 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 18 September 2014
I ordered this telephone on 14th September and it arrived on 17th, which I thought was pretty good. It came in a box which had been opened because it had contained two phones and I required only one. Again, I thought this was pretty good since, presumably, it was done rather than making me wait for new stocks of single phones to arrive. It has a good, clear display and good-sized buttons - ideal for us at our advanced time of life! The instruction leaflet was reasonably clear and I soon understood how to charge the phone and programme the answerphone. My only disappointment was that I had hoped to get it to ring more than six times before the answer machine came on, and I found that I could not because BT's 1571 service cuts in after six rings. This ain't long enough for an older person to get there, BT! However, overall, I am very pleased with both the functions and the price of this telephone.
on 3 September 2014
This was bought to replace an old Panasonic System. I realised after using it that it was not new (some numbers were already programmed into it etc) and assumed it had been returned, presumably faulty, and then either repaired or refurbished. I contacted the sellers and they offered a discount or refund, and I chose the latter.
However having used it for a day or so I feel I can comment on my limited experience.

Something about my old phone which annoyed me was the light glow which always came from the screen. This one is reasonably bright blue, but after using and replacing in the cradle then the light goes out. The buttons are reasonably small - maybe not brilliant for a person with poor eyesight or digital dexterity. It has a more than adequate memory (100) although I had only started to load it.

Will I replace it with an identical model? Probably!
on 30 November 2013
This is a BT model which speaks for itself regarding quality. There are numerous features with this model including text messaging. The only criticism I have is the screen back-light which even on the highest setting is still dark which makes it difficult to see what is on the small screen. Everything else about it is first class.
on 6 August 2015
Very good and holds charge well, highly recommended
on 6 March 2013
We had a Panasonic set before which went faulty which we were refunded for. Up-graded to the BT version thinking it would be better but it's not. It's still working but isn't as easy to use as the Panasonic.
on 4 September 2014
could do with being able to store incoming numbers, but it doesn't
on 26 April 2015
WORTH HAVING
on 29 March 2017
All excellent and as described