Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Tokio Myers Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

SoundMAGIC PL21 Earphones - Pink
Colour: Pink|Change
Price:£12.99+ Free shipping

on 17 August 2017
Brilliant
on 7 October 2013
Disappointment with these headphones. Had a previous pair from Soundmagic that were great but these ones lack any bass and the soup like it is coming out of a tin.
on 13 March 2011
Received them really quickly and couldn't wait to try them out. All heaphones need time to bed in so writing this review after a few months use.

Opened the box and you get a good choice of ear buds. The provided buds should be sufficient for most people to find a good fit as if you don't have the correct ear buds in your ear then you won't get good sound isolation and bass. You get 3 pairs (small, medium & large) of foam type ear buds and 4 pairs of silicone ear buds. I use the foam ear buds as they fit so snugly - just squeeze them between your fingers and then quickly put them down your ear holes and they expand to create a snug fit.

I've had Sennheiser CX300 and Klipsch Image X1 in the last 3 or 4 years and for me these SoundMagic headphones are the best for sound quality. The bass is punchy without being overpowering whilst the treble and midrange produce a rounded and lovely "warmth" which is not in keeping with headphones in this price range - great sound! The sound does change when you use the silicone ear buds so people will have to play around to see what suits them in terms of comfort and sound quality. As an added bonus the SoundMagic headphones have "better" impedance than the Sennheiser and Klipsch - I don't need to have the volume that high to hear the music and so save a bit of battery on my phone! The heaphones are very confortable to wear and absolutely no problems of noticing them after an hour or two.

The build quality is very good and the design is well thought out - the ear phones are angled slightly so they fit into your ear, you get a shirt clip so you can clip it onto your clothes to reduce the pulling of the cable on the headphone unit.

Overall these headphones are fantastic quality for the price as they are well built and most importantly sound great.
on 30 March 2011
I have had a bit of trouble getting new earphones since my philips she9800 earphones broke after a year and a half. i loved these earphones, and i bought them off amazon for around £25, now they are about £35. I dont want to get into the habit of spending £35 for earphones especially as i am going to uni this year and money will be tight.

So, i decided to look around for new ones. After searching for a while, i bought Sony XB40- extra bass headphones. The description of these headphones said how they are amazing for hip hop/dubstep/dance etc etc. I mainly listen to acoustic rock to heavy metal, but i thought these headphones will still be good for the music i like. When i bought these headphones, my first reaction was WOW that bass is impressive, and it was. however after listening to my music with them i realised how the bass slightly shadowed everything else; and the part of music i enjoy best is vocals. Some people may not have noticed this, or would be bothered by it, but i was; although the bass was amazing nonetheless. luckily, my friend was looking for new headphones to buy, so he bought the sonys off of me, and he listens to dubstep, dance etc and he enjoys the headphones very much so. so i had a lucky escape, and started searching again for new headphones.

i was very close to buying sennheisers, either cx300, or cx400, but i reviews say they are "bass driven"; which after the sonys didnt look appealing to me. but stumbled across soundmagic. looking at all the soundmagic models on the web, the Pl21 seemed the best for me, as the P11 seem too bassy, and i didnt like the "over the ear" style of the Pl30s. after much searching on the google for reviews of these, i decided to buy them. and i am very glad i did.

After first feeling the headphones, they are very light, and my first thought was that if they do not weigh much the sound may not be good. however i was wrong, the sound is brilliant; especially considering the price. The sound definitely matches the philips she9800, if not better, although the philips have a wider soundstage, the soundmagic have more of a warm sound. The bass is brilliant, not overpowering but packs a punch for sure, the mids and highs are brilliant as well. these earphones are definitely well balanced.

They came with silicone and foam buds, i use the silicon ones put you can choose whichever you prefer. they are VERY comfortable, and they stay in my ears as well. THE CABLE IS SYMMETRICAL!! I really do not like asymmetrical cables and trying to find out if a pair of headphones is symmetrical or not is painstackingly boring (have to read the reviews till you find someone that mentions it), unless of course it gives that info in the description, but most earphones dont.

Couldnt recommend these enough, i feel as if they must break after a month or so because of the price, if not then they are a steal. These earphones are the very definition of bang for buck, you wont be disappionted, and thats coming from someone who has used more expensive (so supposedly better quality) earphones for a year and a half. Once you get good earphones, there is not going back to crappy £5 ones. if you buy these as a replacement for the earphones that come with an iPod, then will be even more amazed.

just buy them.
on 16 March 2017
I've had these for about 4-5 years. They've been through the washing machine several times and look almost new. ive used ten on and off over this time.
The important part:
These sound really good. Well balanced low mids and highs. These definitly compete with my more expensive studio monitor headphones that where £100+ don't know why their not 5 stars.
on 21 December 2011
Within the course of about 4 months I'd gone through 3 sets of cheap earphones (£5-£10). I ordered these in May and they lasted all the way to December, which is really good considering how much I used them. I had them in everytime I go running, they were often dropped/squashed (my bad) and I was using them at least about 5 hours a day and I found the sound quality to be very good, with high bass songs simply sounding amazing.

If I'd taken better care with them I'm sure they would have lasted longer. Around Novemeber the head of one of the earphones came loose so I just stuck some cellotape around it to hold it into place and it still worked fine for a while, until eventually it stopped working altogether.

I'd highly recommend these for the price - they last a fair bit of time and have very high sound quality. With these earphones I'd say the length they last is more down to your usage than the build quality.
on 10 October 2016
didn't last, very flimsy
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 March 2012
Well made, sound fine... bargain really.. very pleased I chose this product. Remarkable quality given the low price.. the ear buds are ok as well.. i found the larger ones suited me best.
on 30 April 2011
I bought the Soundmagic PL21s to update my Sennheiser CX300s. Given the rave reviews the former have so far received on Amazon I was expecting to notice an improvement in sound quality, even though both headphones are in a similar price bracket.

What I've found is that there is no noticeable improvement in sound quality in the PL21s overall, but there are some key positive differences. 1) The sound is louder so you don't have to have the volume all the way up; 2) There is virtually no leakage whatsoever and you can't hear the sounds of your own body during silences as you can with the CX300s; 3) The cable is symmetrical and comes with a clip, meaning that I haven't accidentally ripped the earphones out of my ears yet.

On the downside, the earpiece itself is quite long and angular (the CX300s have a smaller and more rounded earpiece) and I've found these uncomfortable to handle, and have not been overly keen on how much they protrude from my ear. However they are comfortable enough when listening to music.

All things considered these earphones are certainly a good piece of kit and you'll appreciate the difference in sound quality infinitely if upgrading from a standard earphone provided with your MP3 player. However I struggle to justify an argument that says these are the best quality IEMs in this price bracket and believe you'd get a similar experience with a pair of Sennheiser earphones. My advice would be to buy whatever is cheapest at the time.

Edit: Had to return these less than 6 months into their life as one of the ear pieces stopped working.I didn't bother getting a second pair to replace them, which tells all really. Sennheisers lasted 5 years, SoundMagic 5 months.
on 11 December 2011
I really wish I wasn't writing a negative review, but I have no choice.
I'm on my second pair of these in a matter of months and it's the second time they've literally fallen apart.
The sound quality is awesome and the fit superb. Unfortunately the earpiece splits open at the silver joining band.
Amazon kindly gave me a review for the first pair (which lasted 6 weeks) - this pair has now been going for about 3 months and they're now broken too :-(
Such a shame. But I guess you get what you pay for ??

See one answered question