on 2 September 2012
This item is actually worthy of a review.

I use a iMac and have a limited number of USB ports. I have been wanting to run two external hard drives through one port without having to buy a powered port extender. Thought I would give this a go, for the price it was very reasonable.

It works like a dream. Speed of the port has not been affected at all. I can stream media from one drive to Apple TV and still use the computer for playing music/work from the other drive and there is no delay or stuttering on either drive.

Top Job.

One note of advice, only use powered items in this adaptor as the power is split to each device if you are not using a powered item.
on 15 September 2012
I have used this USB hub the expand the ports available on my Raspbery Pi. I have a powered USB hard disk enclosure and powered Blu-ray enclosure attached to it. Works great and made cable management much simpler.
on 15 December 2014
Excellent for getting an audio stream from apple devices dacs etc could do with an injection mod to the cable to prevent power drain to your idevice as this is not a powered hub but highly recommended for that job and for use as a dual hub.

Works as described +++
on 27 July 2013
How mant times have you wished you had a 2 into 1 usb plug Especially on the laptop .Well now you can with this handy 2 into 1 usb hub .Looks good the lead is short but not that short and it works It says it is high speed and I havent had any problems with slow transfers .When your finished just pop it in your pocket. It's not bulky and it's not expensive .I recommend these hubs whether you have a laptop or desk top or both. Cheers
Lord Jock
on 18 June 2013
Apart from the cheap feel of this it certainly works ok. I'm using it on a Samsung tab and it's fine.

I would have given it 5 stars but the nano receiver for my mouse only fits into one of the ports but it's no train smash.
on 8 October 2015
Couldn't produce enough power for my wd western 500 gb as a result it's completely useless to me. D hard drive couldn't be detected because it couldn't get enough power if like me that's wat U trying to do forget it hower it might b suitable for other purposes where less power output is required
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Worked perfectly at first when reading two external hard drives but after less than a month use the device stopped working or at least wasn't being read by the USB ports any more. Sent back and refunded easily though. Other devices worked fine in the same USB ports so the laptop was not at fault.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 October 2013
Use this with a Mac (MBP, OSX 10.8) and has always worked very well since I bought it (a couple of months). One of the two ports is connected to a (powered) USB DAC, the other to a bus powered USB drive (Seagate STBX500200 500GB Expansion USB 3.0 2.5 Inch Portable Hard Drive - Black). There is sufficient power for this particular drive to work just fine, and I've never had any issues at all using the DAC via this hub {looking in "System Information", the hub has 500 mA available as expected, the DAC requires 20 mA and the external drive requires 100 mA, so there is plenty of juice}.
on 1 May 2014
I purchased this 2 port hub so that I could get a power supply for the chrome cast that was added to my Panasonic TV whilst still using the webcam. as it is not trying to input info it works great with the chrome cast in situ at all times.
on 3 July 2014
Bought this after I read a review where a user was using in his car for fone and ipod at the same time - just what I wanted to do. Sadly however it won't do this, and don't work even individually through it, so not a lot of use to me....gone back to switching manually between the 2 devices. Have managed to put to other use though, so not a total waste of money !