on 28 May 2017
Useful headphone booster. Only complaint is I have to read the manual again each time I use it as everything is controlled by just one button!
on 4 October 2014
cuts in and out when it wants, doesn't hold charge as well any more... worked fine for about a month, has been sitting on a shelf untouched ever since up until a few weeks ago where it starting experiencing issues.
on 8 June 2017
does the job.
on 27 April 2013
I would defiantly recommend getting one. The blue setting is the best red muddles the music. Instructions are not clear but plenty of info on the web
on 8 September 2017
It's not a dac, simply an amplifier.
Does what is supposed to do very well.
Very clear.
on 7 February 2014
Great amp, but surprisingly still have to have both it and its input mp3 player up full in order to drive a pillow speaker and pair of noise reduction headphones (High Impedance).
on 3 September 2014
Very excellent, my 1st amp, but its HD quality, boosts volume of sound sources with very high quality, and works while charging! Boosts volume of my iPod 160GB Classic real loud and a bit more than that. It also boosts the sound with 3 preset EQ settings (neutral/bass/treble and bass/2v input mode) and has a more than enough volume range of about +6 or 8 DB, that even my Sennheiser 219s can be heard outside (closed-back headphones). It works nice as an extension with an aux cable to connect the back ports of my PC sound card with my headphones. Best of all it amplifies the sound with quality. No hocus pocus but it does boost different frequencies, it's real nice to hold and lightweight, one thing is that the battery cannot be replaced, and it's caled 'Fujiyama Headphone Amplifier' on the box, but WAIT, IT'S REAL! It's confirmed with the authentication code on fiio.com.cn, so it's real, and if you want an amp to boost the volume of your iPod/iDevice/player with quality, buy it!
UPDATE 30/12/2014. After 4 months, i am extremely happy with it. I don't have the money to get an more expensive amp and it sounds so beautiful even though its so small and cheap. The sound is very neutral (accurate) and crystal clear, but 2nd EQ (blue LED) is better than 1st (red), more clear and more bass IMHO. i like the 3rd (pink) it sounds more accurate and detailed. but 1st EQ seems too muffled bass. the 2nd (BLUE) EQ makes the sound both bassy and clear. 3rd makes it more neutral and quiet. its' a good amp and it even survived an accident (being dropped it in toilet) after obviously wiping it, disinfectant, putting it in rice and wrapped in towel on radiator, it STILL works, and sounds just as beautiful. A true survivor. I'm still using it, obviously cleaned, with my new IEMs (Shure SE215-CL-EFS) and they sound just as good.
on 20 September 2015
Two stars not one because FiiO is a good company and this is a factual review from experience and not a hate rant.

This was the third I bought from the "authorise distributor" and just like the other two it developed problems after two months. The cable is the first thing to give out. Then it cuts out intermittently whilst in use. The charging socket becomes temperamental. Then it no longer charges at all. One actually came back to life after a few months (which is too long a wait in my opinion).

The previous version (5) was a bit hissy and not quite as loud but at least it's still working two years later. I'm looking for an alternative now. It'll probably be more exensive initially. But you know - buy cheap get cheap.
on 21 May 2012
I'm using a iPod Classic, and this unit significantly improves both quality and depth of sound, any volume increase on higher impedence headphones is also a bonus. I'm using a dock connector line out cable (from Fiio), which is also worth investing in, if you use this with an iPod. For 20 quid, you can't go wrong if you value good audio quality.
review image
22 Comments| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 January 2016
Purchased to supersede a cheaper battery-driven FiiO model, but I still prefer the much more basic one. I nearly returned this when it failed to work, but I discovered that the volume turns itself down fully occasionally. I don't know why this has a volume control as it's unnecessary.

My old one died gently when the battery failed, just getting distorted and then very quiet. This one goes "BLATT!!" when the battery runs out of juice. Frightens the life out of me. It's also inconvenient as I have to unplug it and go in search of a free socket to charge it up, then go back to the old one while it charges. With the old one I just changed the battery so I was listening again within a minute.