Customer reviews

Sonic Mass
Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£13.95+ £1.26 shipping

on 8 November 2015
An incredible album; very akin to latter day Killing Joke. Brutal at times but also sophisticated too ala KJ.

The last song, Knights Of The Black Sun is incredible; apocalyptic lyrics, euphoric keyboards, menace and a great climax.

Great, great album.
on 31 August 2013
I've had the 'Who's The Enemy' EP for years and didn't think much of it so it's been unplayed and unloved for 20 odd years. I was in an independent music store (Tangled Parrot in Carmarthen - great shop, cool friendly staff) and was talking to the owner about punk/anarcho bands and he recommended this LP and said it was probably the best thing he has heard by them. I looked for it on ebay but it was only on CD but they had 'Monolith' on vinyl so I bought that and loved it. Found Sonic Mass on Amazon and loved it even more than Monolith. Having got an appreciation of the band I've gone back to the 'Whos The Enemy' EP and it's not as bad as I remember. I'm now questioning my understanding of music haven taken so long to love Amebix..........I hated the Clash for years as well, what a plonker!!
on 8 December 2012
I DON'T KNOW HOW I CAME ACROSS THIS CD IT COULD HAVE BEEN A MUSIC MAG,ANYWAY I TOOK A CHANCE AND WAS'NT DISSAPOINTED.IT'S NOT YOUR STANDARD ROCK ALBUM AND IT'S TAKES SEVERAL LISTENS TO GET IN TO IT BUT WHEN YOU DO IT'S AMAZING.THE BAND SEEM TO HAVE PUT THE ALBUM OUT AS THEY INTENDED,RAW AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT WELL TOUGH.I'M NOT GOING THRU ALL THE TRACKS BECAUSE THEY ALL HAVE THAT SOMETHING.GIVE IT A CHANCE!!!!
on 8 May 2015
WOW WOW WOW I CAN SAY
THIS WORK OF ART AND MASTERY ha ha GOES WAY BEYOND WORDS AND THE MORTAL REALM SPECTRUM
WE NEED YOU ANGELS
YOU HELPED MY DELIVERANCE FAITH HEALING AND COURAGE
I HOPE YOU SEE THIS
ALL MY LOVE AND BLESSINGS TO YOU AND YOUR LOVED ONES WE ARE ONE
on 17 May 2017
Brilliant album, like a more gothic Killing Joke, shame they split up
on 20 May 2014
A cracking return from a classic Crust band..awesome sounds and production...hairs on the back of the neck moments throughout the album
on 28 July 2014
10/10

Amazing album. Bought it ages ago and it still gets a regular spin.
on 31 January 2016
A great album purchased on the back of last year's Tau Cross album. Just a pity that I didn't discover Amebix while they were still around.
on 4 December 2015
Good
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 12 April 2013
A brilliant new piece of work from this band - listened, listened again.... just gets better and better - great production.