on 3 December 2013
I've been using the 600d for nearly a year as both a video camera and for my photography. I'm a big believer in the importance of the lens over the camera so I've used this camera with some very expensive professional lens on the the last few months and it's yet to fail me as a camera!

The body is strong and well made and I've found it to be a great all rounder, perfect for someone new to photography but also perfectly adequate for a more experienced shooter.

The video function of the camera is great and I've used it extensively for the recording and production of promotional videos in the time I've been using it. The on camera microphone is surprisingly effective (although not great in noisy environments). The lack of constant auto focus in video does make it a little more difficult for the beginner however I use all manual lens' for video work so not a problem for me.

When shooting stills in low light I found the ISO to be adequate and having used both the 650d and 60d I'd say the extra cost of the 650d isn't worth it based on that specification difference. Their is some noise on mixed light environments that isn't ideal but that's possibly an issue with my skill rather than the camera.

If I were purchasing again I would seriously consider the 60d (now replaced by the 70d) it's specification may not be massively different but some of it's shooting features such as the top screen etc and button layout do make it much easier to use in the field!

I would also seriously consider the 100d as an alternative now too! The price is great and the camera is seriously compact! I found the focusing much faster and the button layout far more intuitive than the 600d plus the benefit (or negative depending on your opinion) of being touch screen! Having used it for some time now the flip out screen is far less useful than I anticipated and it spends most of its' life just sat in the camera like a none pop out screen so the 100d is not worse off for not having this, in fact I think I'd prefer it for ease of adding video viewfinders etc!

Having said all of that I'm very fond of the 600d and it's been a great camera for me, I imagine now it's replacements (700d) or alternatives (70d or 100d) will get much attention however as it's price drops the 600d becomes a better and better deal it think!
on 21 July 2017
Snap it Up. This is the best place for camera bargains. The camera in my terms I would say is "better than new". The service is first class. I recommend anyone to buy if you want quality-best buy
on 29 July 2017
Is a good camera for both photographs and video. Unfortunately I have not used it as much as I should but it is well worth the money for what it does.
on 20 April 2014
Love my new camera, bought it for a great price as it was an Amazon daily deal. Easy to use an talking to friends who have similar cameras it seems to have all of the features of more expensive cameras, I am no photographer so this is more than good enough for my needs.
on 11 November 2013
Bought it to replace my rebel that sometimes got the more difficult exposures wrong. So far the 600D has not made a mistake, It works well with all my old EOS lenses some of which go back to the days of film. The video function works fine once I stopped panicing and read the instructions which told my to upgrade the memory card.
on 11 October 2017
Great camera
on 7 March 2014
Easy to use, easy to transfer photographs onto computer. Feels nice to handle. Takes really good photographs. I had a previous digital camera Fuji Fine Pix. The Canon EOS 600D is a far superior camera. Was delivered quickly and well packed.
on 7 December 2013
This is the first Camera I purchased and so far it is such good value for the money. It's first of all lightweight so very portable and easy to figure out without even having to delve so much into the accompanying manual. So far I have nothing bad to say. Cheers
on 30 June 2016
Very good
on 22 August 2013
This is my first SLR camera and I love it . I am not a camera expert but the various button where easy to understand and I am getting very good pictures