on 31 July 2014
Brought back my childhood memories of playing Atari games the Flashback was not the Atari I had but for the memories and the way it made me feel when playing and price was well worth it.
on 17 April 2013
A blast from the past indeed, I was an eighties child, and this brings back great memories for me, the only complaint I have is I wish there were more games on there!
on 13 February 2013
bought this for my wifes christmas as she loved the old atari. downside is that no pacman or space invaders on it, but still some great games from times past
on 1 January 2012
Got this for my son for Christmas.

Most games are crappy-but then again that is a function of the original Atari itself and not this unit!
My main issue is having to turn off/on the unit to get back to the main menu.

I had an Atari when a kid so I was the one that ended up playing more than my son.

Total play time in the last week(2hr son , 4hrs for me). I can see this unit getting very little playtime :(

But how I enjoyed playing Yars Revenge again!!

Overall, you can't blame this unit. You know your getting some almost 30yr old games.
I've docked a star as you have to turn the unit off and back on to choose another game and also one of the games causes the unit to crash(I can't remember but will update with the game name later).
on 9 January 2012
Unfortunately the younger members of the family are not really interested in the old Atari games but the older members have had fun playing them all over again - a good product for the price - thanks once again Amazon
on 28 November 2013
Excited to give this to my husband for Christmas he will be chuffed! A trip down memory lane for the both of us!!!
on 11 June 2013
I bought this product because it looked cool. I found out that it is small, very small, and weighs nothing. I also found out that the games on the console are very basic. There isn't much to them, and you are going to need A LOT of fantasy in order to enjoy these games to the fullest.
It comes with an american plug!!! This is important! If you live in Europe, as I do, you will need a converter from American plugs to European.
But when that's all said, let me name the good things:
The joystick is a nice retro joy stick, and feels right.
The console is easy to understand, just remember to press start every time you want to play a game.
All the games seem to function, all though they are very difficult, as there isn't a difficulty-button. They say so, but it has no function what-so-ever.
The best game is OutLaw. Damn!
on 13 December 2011
My wife and I really enoyed this product, but It is important that other reviewers read the packaging closely unlike some of the people who have reviewed this on Youtube. This is a Replica Atari 2600 (VCS) and not an arcade emulator! Atari VCS games were, frankly rubbish so do not expect arcade quality graphics or be under any doubts that this will do anything other than play Atari 2600 games (that are built in). If you are expecting games and graphics from the early days of computing (circa 1977) then you will be very happy with this product. I found this not to be a single player experience but a great multi player party game, after several alcholic beverages my wife (who doesnt play silly computer games) was beating my high scores and giving me a run for my money! Christmas day when the family are round we will be playing this, taking the pee out of the crappy graphics but no doubt having fun!!!
22 Comments| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 February 2012
We know these games are basic but the most famous one is Asteroids: those looking for the Space Invaders, Pac-Man era Atari should look elsewhere. More importantly, however, it broke. Twenty mins in. Nothing. Getting it back in the box was more fun. For retro, retro game enthusiasts who don't know how to get these games online in a Flash window. Now I must get around to sending it back.
on 7 November 2013
Very impressed with the service hope my son is happy with his christmas present will let you know after opened