Customer reviews

on 11 October 2016
Does what it says on the can.. Very useful for reference or just to read. Let's face it, if you're buying this you probably know most of the songs pretty well anyway. He is a poet, so the words are beautiful.

I have seen comment about the footnotes at the end of each song. Some might find them of interest. I just love the songs and am not bothered about the notes. The footnotes do not intrude as they are so small that they are almost impossible to read, and are in a strange typeface that at first glance, appear to be runes..or should that be runic..and does anybody care...

Just read it, and laugh and cry and cry and laugh...oh you know the rest.
on 7 February 2017
I'm afraid I can't do any better than 'I like it'. There are some lovely photos in here, and it's good to have the lyrics BUT if you've already got something like 'The Leonard Cohen Anthology' (which I've had for years) then this doesn't add that much more, as it hasn't got the very latest albums covered (Old Ideas, Popular Problems and You Want it Darker). So I guess there will have to be either another edition or another booklet to cover those. I like the book in itself; it's smaller than A4 with soft covers that makes it easy to leaf through. My biggest bugbear is the text. The lyrics are fine, but there are tidbits of interesting information at the end of each song; at least what I can make out has been interesting. That bit is in a small font *and* italics *and* in a difficult-to-read script font that means unless you are blessed with perfect vision, you'll need strong glasses to read it. So nothing better than a 'like'.
on 24 February 2017
Wonderful to be able to study the texts in detail
on 9 April 2017
Perfect size, quality, beautiful book.
on 7 March 2017
ok
on 26 July 2017
ok
on 24 October 2015
Great job. Many thanks.
on 24 November 2010
I bought this book for relative who is in love with Leonard Cohen's songs. Sometimes reading the lyrics leaves a completely different impact on you - very true for this book in particular.
Leonard Cohen's lyrics are high class poetry that you may read and cry on and laught on and soothe your heart with.
A read no one should miss.
on 4 January 2011
Great source of Cohen lyrics. But I feel that a book like that should be beautifully designed, this one, unfortunately, isn't.
on 26 December 2010
This is a publication of pure, sheer class. The quality of the paper and the presentation of the lyrics is, without doubt, superb, and the content, of a photograph of Leonard Cohen accompanying the lyrics of each of the songs, is just stunning. It was bought by me as a gift for someone and it was a gift I was very proud to give. I just wish I could have kept it for myself!!