on 7 April 2016
The coffee grinder would do better having more grind levels. There are only 3 settings and I'm already set it to the finest setting.
In saying that the coffee it extracts is good, but even on high temperature could be little hotter.
Where the machine really falls short is generating the milk froth. No matter what milk type I use the foam is always 'split' from the liquid; there is no microfoam generation what so ever. Using same milk I had no issues compared to what I could get out of my old Sunbeam and Graef steam wand... microfoam galore! Contemplating returning the unit.

Ended up returning the unit and purchased Heston's dual boiler from JL which is pricier but came with free grinder and a price match for under £900. Which wouldn't have paid more for a "Breville" machine nomatter who's face they stick on the box. That said 3mths in and really pleased with the "Sage" grinder and machine.
on 24 November 2015
Had this for about a year now - very pleased so far.
I have to use the strongest coffee setting for my taste (I like strong coffee!) but it does the job.
The wand makes good hot frothy milk quickly and detaches to quickly rinse it clean.
My only wish is that you could froth milk whilst it made the coffee - you have to do coffee then milk or vice versa - but all of the machines I've tried seem to work like that.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 March 2016
really awesome love the option to have 2 types of coffee, ease of cleaning, and the programming telling you when and how to maintain - top quality product and looks great
on 11 January 2015
Lovely coffee
on 12 January 2016
This is a great machine!! Makes great coffee and the milk frothing wand works faultlessly - I would highly recommend this machine!!
on 13 March 2015
Working well. Efficient and makes great coffee .
on 26 February 2015
Love it
on 13 January 2014
very very pleased with this machine so far. extremely easy to use. the only issue I did have was that the instruction manual enclosed was in French, Italian, Dutch, German, but not in English. However the shipping company were very helpful via e-mail and, after some initial problems, sent the english version via e-mail. My son had already worked out the basics but I wanted the instructions in writing as they included cleaning etc., as well as how to use the machine. Happy bunny now, in go the coffee beans, water tank is filled, press the button and voila, my cafe creme is poured. I previously had a ground coffee/coffee pod machine and this is so so much better - the taste using beans is superb (you can, by the way, also use ground coffee if you prefer) and the liquid is piping hot. if you require a cappuchino it is easy to heat and froth the milk. Emptying the water tray is very easy as is the disposal of the coffee grounds. Would happily recommend this machine.
on 9 February 2015
I went through a period of time working my way up the De Longi range of machines until buying this machine.

It's used in my business making 400 cups of coffee a month, and it is a fantastic machine.

It makes a proper hot coffee, has a great milk frother and most importantly it is incredibly user friendly to service, replenish and descale.

It's made thousands of cups of coffee and still going strong. It is a far better designed machine and makes hotter coffee than the competition.

If you have the budget for it, buy this machine. you won't regret it.
on 29 November 2015
I was one of the very lucky few to have been able to purchase this coffee machine during amazon's 'Black Friday' event and the fact that it sold out after just 2 seconds does not surprise me in the slightest. This machine is by far the best bit of coffee making kit I have ever owned. I have rated it five stars for many reasons but I will try and summarise in an unbiased way.

This coffee machine is very good value for money compared to its rivals. It makes exceptionally good coffee and is a smart machine. It knows when to clean itself and its full of little gizmos which help you out - my favourite is a rising float that pops up from the drip tray to tell you it needs emptying. The attention to detail is astonishing. It's very energy efficient and is quite quiet. The 'perfect cappuccino' arm is a smart bit of kit all in itself - it doesn't just heat the milk with steam but it also has a rotating mini whisk which froths the milk, well, perfectly (as it says in the name...)
The digital display is very clear and the ergonomics make it very user friendly. Again, attention to detail is brilliant. Call me sad, but little things like when you wake the machine up when you awaken from your slumber to make your coffee and it says 'good morning'... Yeah, call me sad but it's quite cute. Now, for the coffee!! It is simply superb! You can even fill the hopper with two different types of beans so you can switch between the two depending on what you fancy with a flick of a lever, those who prefer decaf will love you! Even if you fancy a speciality ground coffee, there is an independent compartment for you to put your selected ground coffee for it to make a special cuppa and the machine is so well thought out... When you open this compartment for the next 90 seconds if you hit the espresso/cafe creme it will pull the coffee from this compartment. You can alter the size of the grain you wish it to grind your beans which is important depending on the strength of the coffee you want. You can choose between espresso and cafe creme.

The only negative is the instruction manual provided in the welcome pack is very vague in parts but being said is very well written in other areas. I guarantee you will fall in love with this machine.

This machine has been designed very well. A massive amount of options and settings to choose from but with simplicity in mind. Most of the functions are just one button away from a great tasting coffee.
44 Comments| 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse