on 12 August 2017
I'm a total addict! No, they won't be for everyone but then in my opinion a book or story is down to individual tastes and what they want to get out of it, I enjoy a book that has some history to it and for me this series does, along with it drawing you into the lives of the characters and using your own imagination to visualise places and people.
on 22 December 2016
Oh, I am in love with this author. It is addictive reading that you do not want to miss. Quality writing from a PhD academic means there is great historical accuracy while giving you a saga you cannot stand to leave behind.
on 15 October 2017
I loved books 1 and 2 and thought 3 was pretty good but this one is very different and arguably overly long for what equates to a story that could fit on to 500 pages.

Picking up from where book 3 left off, this is set in America and interspersed with some brief stints back in Scotland as Roger and Brianna 's story starts proper. I would recommend reading but have to admit I'm going to take a break from these great characters before delving in to book 5.
on 5 October 2017
I have been waiting for the story to wain, for me, in interest as the series continues, but it hasn’t. I still want to know what happens to all the highly believable characters. I can completely suspend disbelief in the time travel aspect of the novels and totally accept what I am reading. Another good read.
on 23 July 2016
I couldn't stop reading. Bree and Roger have weened me off Jamie and Clare.

I can't wait to read the next one
on 15 June 2016
How can you describe the continuing stories of Jamie and Claire? Now more stories of extended family Briana and Roger?
Always when finished reading yet another chapter in their lives, cannot wait for the next instalment!!
on 13 June 2016
I can't put these books down!I had watched the Outlander series on Amazon and decided to read the book. It took me a while to read the first-ever but since moving onto the books that haven't been televised I am completely absorbed by this series.The writing and plots are great!
on 30 May 2017
This series is my guilty pleasure. Gone in a week. Long book so should keep an average reader occupied for a longer time. Warning this is impossible to put down. Try and not spend your whole holiday with it, unless you are planning on it ;)
on 9 October 2017
The Outlander series is not my usual type of reading matter, however, I’ve really enjoyed the books...this one is only getting 3 stars as to me it isn’t as pacey or attention holding as the previous books!
on 2 June 2016
A excellent way of writing, drawing in the reader and keeping them there, throughout this book and indeed the series.