on 10 October 2011
The plot was quite acceptable but the dialogue between characters was childish at times and irritating. The author needs to find an editor who knows good grammar and does not allow "Americanisations" to be used by English characters, for example 'you did good'!!!!! Several other grammatical errors occurred regularly - "He was stood, he was sat, park up". I believe the correct English is "he stood or he was standing, he was sitting or he sat and you park a car, not park up"!
on 29 October 2011
Amateurish. Way too much emphasis on the lesbian relationship! Characters, particularly the barrister,exaggerated to the point of nausea. One of the two main cases was written off abruptly, almost as an afterthought. The second was hugely contrived and in the end was extremely disappointing; The "Moment Critique" was almost laughable. Barely deserves a one star rating!
Thomas Goggin
on 28 November 2011
Can't get into this book at all. Will plod on for another few chapters but it's not looking like it will get much better.
on 10 November 2011
While I loved Sugar and Spice, this was not what I expected especially the ending being so just stupid. Since when could a QC who would be acting as a witness proceed to defend the case against. Sorry but you are going to have to up your game if you wish to stay in this game.
on 2 November 2013
Brilliant book one of the best thrillers l have read in a long time ,starts a bit slow but stay with it because before long you just can't put the book down.
on 10 September 2011
I liked Sugar and Spice and the style of writing but like another reviewer thought the sex scenes a bit excessive and gratuitous. My major problem was that the ending was weak after a huge build up. I also prefer that fiction has some grounding in reality. No lawyer could ever be involved in a case that had personally affected them other than having a role as a witness.
I still want to read the second book providing the flights of fancy are reigned in.
on 19 August 2011
This is the second book I have read by this author, and like the first I found it excellent. The characters are great and make you want to know more about them.
The only down side to the book is it was over too soon. I couldn't put it down and finished it in two days, at which pointed I wanted more.
on 15 May 2012
I had read and really enjoyed Sugar and Spice recently and downloaded this book almost automatically. Very soon I wished I hadn't. I am so disappointed with this book that I have been moved to write a review, my first.

The behavior of the the two main characters, Cass a supposed hard nosed lesbian DI who seems to cry too often and behave unprofessionally in court and Philippa, her Barrister lover is unbelievable. They would never have stayed together as a couple with Philippa's continual whining about germs, lower classes on buses etc. I wanted to strangle her or tell the writer to stop. The sexual elements of the book were a little distasteful and there was more information than I needed and wanted and I certainly think they would have been more careful with the children around.

I really wanted to give up on the book and do not know why I carried on. The reading was a hard slog. Had this been a hard copy, it would have gone in the bin.
on 16 August 2011
I downloaded this book upon release having enjoyed Saffina's first novel. Stayed up late reading this and really enjoyed it and am already wondering when the follow up will be released. Red is a very likeable character and I would say any woman who works in a male dominated environment will identify with her immediately. I laughed at the barrister, Pippa's take on life and wanted to slap a couple of the male coppers - a sign of good descriptive writing. For those who enjoy a thriller I would recommend this novel as a good read. Buy it now, for the price you will not be disappointed.
on 22 November 2011
I have only read the first third of this book and it consists of a string of contentious issues with very little story joining them together. I bought this on the back of reviews of Sugar and Spice and am totally disappointed.