on 15 October 2013
These look, feel and sound cheap. They ARE cheap so that shouldn't come as a surprise. But in the £35-65 price bracket there are much better products available, such as the Nocs NS400-101.

Despite the better brand the AKGs are also seriously uncomfortable, for me at least. The circular-shaped ear tip isn't a patch on more oval designs of competitor products, and if like me you have smaller than average lugholes they a) hurt and b) are prone to falling out. The Nocs for example together with many Klipsch models comes with a variety of alternative tip shapes supplied.

The AKG situation is made worse by the fact the volume control is inexplicably on the wire leading up to one of the tips, rather than lower down after the point they join. It means one side is heavier and thus even more prone to falling out. Bizarre.

Returned.
on 20 February 2013
I really don't know much about headphones but more about headsets; however this thing here is just a beast!

I would buy this any day over any headset. I've had TB's, Logitech, Ozone and ect. To be honest if your looking for something portable + good quality I would buy AKG any day. Although these are headphones they give such a good bass it's unreal. 11/10 easy. So simple aswell.

1 complaint thought it did come through late but worth the wait. I hope this is helpful for anyone new to buying AKG :)
on 29 February 2016
I have three other AKG headphones/earphones, all of which are of excellent quality, albeit at a much higher price. Sadly, these earphones do not match up to that quality. They are bass heavy and the sound quality is poor. I obtained them to use with a portable DAB radio, due to the fact that they appeared to have a volume control. Unfortunately the volume control only works with smartphones and you can get the same function on the phone itself. It does not work as a volume control for a portable stereo set. I would not recommend this earphone. The Philips SHE 3580 is a much superior earphone with very good sound quality at a much lower price, although it does not have a volume control.
on 1 October 2013
I bought these AKG headphones for listening to music while I'm travelling. I have had headphones in the past that have good dynamic sound but then get too boomy after a while of constant use, consequently headaches and tiredness happens.
With these headphones they are much clearer and the bass is good, also they are more comfortable to wear, and no more headaches.
Useful to have them in Red as they stand out from the normal dull looking black or white headphones everyone else seems to use.
My best headphone buy yet!
on 11 June 2013
Now, my hearing isn't up to catching the nuances of quality and timbre that purists prattle on about; but I'm hearing things in the music I've listened to for years that I hadn't realised were there. These phones are great, well worth the investment.
I like a strong bass line and these certainly deliver.
The phones are really comfortable to wear.
The jack is straight and just fits the carry case so we'll see how the cable frays over time.
on 14 January 2013
The AKG K328 Stereo in Ear Headset is a great product value. The sound is excelent and they are
very ergonomic. Very good frequency response.
on 12 November 2013
There is nothing I can recommend about these headphones. The bespoke in ear bugs are v uncomfortable, but most of all the sound level is v low. At top volume background noise overpowers what I'm listening to. So bad I have went back to my iphone ear phones.
on 28 July 2014
I bought these despite the mixed reviews. I've not used Apple earphones in 7 or so years so I can't compare but I do have KitSound Euphoria's and SoundMagic E10's and these are just as good, if not better overall.

The sound isn't tinny at all, it's clear and loud. I compared the 3 with the same set of ear buds, iPhone 5 and PC. The KitSound's have more bass but its soft and "muddy" and the vocal's arent clear, where as the bass on these is hard hitting and sharp and vocals are super clear, I'd say they're maybe a bit better than the E10's as I find my self listening to these more.

Maybe some people have got fakes as AKG's tend to get copied. These are AKG quality, AKG don't make bad sounding earphones, not for me anyway. Noise cancellation is ok and they are comfortable.
With hip hop music, they're really good but with metal/rock, they're not as good but then neither are the E10's or Euphoria's. At the current price, I'd buy them over the E10's, I'd choose these anyday as these come with a little AKG hard carrying case, iPhone controls, lighter and stay in the ear as they're thinner with better sound quality. I dont think you would be disappointed with these.

I've typed this review on iPad 2 whilst listening songs through a YouTube app and the sound is superb.
on 10 March 2014
Excellent sound, needs more bass (all the in-ear do), high quality product.
I would like a beveled button for play/pause/skip and a clip.
I bought them at £18.50, so it was a great bargain.
on 18 February 2014
I love this purple color. The sounds really good and the headset works perfectly. I absolutely recommend it. I love it.