HALL OF FAMETOP 500 REVIEWERon 28 October 2011
This waterproof case for Kindles is basically a thick plastic bag with a good closure system and a carrying string. The size of the bag is such that it's fine for use with the new Kindle as well as Keyboard models. The plastic is of a reasonable thickness to give you confidence that it won't damage easily, yet still thin enough that you can work the buttons on your Kindle. The bag seals via 3 sets of closures: snap fasteners on the outside, then two zip lock closures.

Although the carrying strap is useful for travel applications, it's not so handy if you're planning to use the case to prevent your Kindle from getting dunked in the bath. Even if you tie it up, the string does tend to trail and get wet, so it is perhaps a shame that there isn't an option to detach this. But this is a small price to pay for keeping your Kindle from exposure to bubble bath!

I ordered two different waterproof cases at the same time, one for each of the Kindles in my household, this one and a more expensive one

Waterproof Window Case for Amazon Kindle - Kindle Keyboard - Kindle Touch - Kindle Fire - Blue

When the products arrived - both orders fulfilled by Amazon - they appeared identical. After several days of use, I have yet to find any appreciable difference in sizing or quality between the two!
22 Comments| 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 5 November 2015
I purchased two of these, one for my friend and the other for my son. My son's one was to replace a more expensive one that has just recently split. My son was overyjoyed at the new one. He was impressed with the sealing system, he commented that it was much better closure than the previous more expensive bag. My son uses his for his iphone and is always in the shower with it. My friend was also very happy as she uses her ipad mini in the bath and she was over the moon. I would like to say also that I ordered on a Saturday night and received them on the Monday. They were well packaged. Many thanks
on 27 September 2012
This does exactly what it says on the tin.

It's a bit like a much thicker and tougher version of those re-sealable kitchen bags, the one where you push the ridges on the two edges together and they lock in, only it's got two rows of seals. It can be a little fiddly to make sure both rows of seals have been properly pressed together right across the bag, but once that's done you just fold the top over and fold the black cover over, using the poppers to hold it in place.

Like the ad says make sure you test it. I put a roll of tape (nearest thing to hand) in mine and submerged it for a while. Stayed perfectly dry, so I took the plunge with the kindle.

Reading the kindle through it was no problem either, though you have to brush the water off sometimes. Not much to be done about that.

Mine isn't a touchscreen kindle, so I won't comment on how well that would work.
on 1 September 2012
Sometimes the simplest ideas are the best, I love my Kindle and I love reading in the bath, as water and electrical items don't mix well, this was never the best idea I have ever had! I have the pocket sized kindle and I do not have a problem using the controls to turn pages or even turn it on and now I can read to my hearts content without the worry of getting the Kindle wet, as this item really does live up to expectations. Only other place I had seen this on sale was at the airport and I didn't fancy paying airport prices, there wasn't much in it but as usual Amazon was cheaper and every penny counts these days. Good product, enjoy.
on 25 May 2013
Its so sad ... I love my kindle but miss reading in the bath. I bought this as an answer to that, but once I have been in the bath a few minutes, the plastic seems to stick to the screen causing the pages to turn dramatically one way or another, and I am unable to recover my page successfully. I can see, however, that if it wasn't a touch kindle, then it would be great. The waterproof design is very good and I would be happy that my kindle was protected, but for me, its back to buying magazines for bath time only.
on 27 July 2012
Purchased couple of these for a beach holiday this summer, to share between three kindles - keyboard, kindle 4 and touch.

One developed a rip pretty soon - it was fine for the beach to keep sand out, but obviously not water. The other remained intact during a two week holiday.

It did not work well with the touch and so would not recommend a purchase if that is your kindle.

But at £4.99 each I think it was a useful purchase.
on 29 April 2013
initially bought this so that I could read my kindle in the hot tub. It works brilliantly. I am delighted with the waterproof ness and the clarity of the viewing screen. Nothing is lost from the quality of the page. It is very well constructed and designed. Water will not get in unless you puncture the pouch. My big bonus is that I can fit my iPad mini into it too and the touch screen function works perfectly. So pleased about this. It means I can now sit in the hot tub at night and track the stars or aeroplanes flying overhead.
Great value for money.
on 21 April 2012
The biggest downside when I bought my Kindle was that I couldn't safely read it in the bath, but now I can read it in the shower, if I so wish (not actually tried it yet, though!).

The double closure ensures the watertightness of the pouch and the rope allows me to lie on my back in the bath, looping the rope around my neck and resting the Kindle on my chest so that I can actually read non-handed!

Awesome! And for £4.99, you can't really go wrong. Highly recommended.
on 1 September 2014
This bag is cheap and cheerful but rather too big for a Nexus 7. When I went out the first time it kept moving around and slipping into the "blue" plastic zone which was quite unfortunate for the camera, and I wasn't always able to access the screen buttons without moving it back. However, the second time I took it out, I managed to get all the air out of it before sealing it and this helped keep it in place within the blue boundary. The plastic did stick to the screen which was interesting but it kept the rain off and could be hung round my neck during our walk which was what I wanted it for.
on 14 September 2012
I bought 2 of these,1 for my wife's 'Button' Kindle which works really well but it's no good with The Kindle Touch.The clear plastic touches the screen and turns the pages on it's own.I sent it back to Amazon and got a refund.Shame because it seemed a really good idea.

See one answered question