on 22 May 2017
Just returned for a refund. It worked very well for two days even when not fully bright, then stopped working on an even brighter day. Nothing to switch on or off, or adjust, it just is dead. Wish I had read the reviews before I bought, so many others have had problems. A friend has recommended a Pond Craft one on Amazon so I have bought that instead.
on 17 May 2016
I purchased one of these to boost the oxygen in my pond during hot weather, the solar panel is solid and seams well made. The pump unit also looks well made, I was expecting better performance though, despite the panel being positioned in direct full sun no air was produced from the air stones at a depth of three foot and only a very light fizz at one foot deep so my hopes shattered as to a useful cheap to run item. actually it's just a complete waste of my £25. My advice would be to buy a proper mains operated pump until technology can produce a pump that actually works.
on 26 July 2016
This has been doing a great job in our pond for the past few months, it really does kick out a good number of bubbles when it gets going. Very easy to install, you just drop the stones in and find a sunny spot for the solar panel.

In my experience the panel does need pretty much full blue-sky direct sunlight. Very bright but slightly overcast days won't cut it. It also doesn't store any energy, so it will literally only operate when it's exposed to direct sun light.
on 16 June 2014
I have had a similar aerator for several years and it just didn't work again this time. I am even more pleased with this one so far. As expected, very easy to install. As my pond is in front of my shed and can be fairly well shaded I attached the solar panel to a 7ft pole, as I had done with the previous one. The solar panel is a good size with a long flex to the pump unit. The pump is extremely quiet, in fact I didn't realise it was working until I saw and heard the bubbles breaking the surface. The afternoon was quite cloudy but the solar panel found enough sun to work very efficiently. My fish and I look forward to, hopefully, several years of lovely bubbles!!
on 5 April 2014
Bought one last year, was so impressed I bought a second (and reduced in price) for my pond. It bubbles really well in the sunlight and oxygenates the pond sufficiently to keep the water clear. I got another because I wanted maximum sunlight on the solar panel so have put one higher up on a tree with the stones in the back of the pond and the other at ground level with the stones in the front part of the pond. I have very healthy happy goldfish now and even got my first frogspawn in the pond this year (having had no luck since I got the pond 32 years ago !!!!) Would definitely recommend this to anyone who can't have an electric pond pump.
on 18 April 2015
Very good product.
We have a small pond that needs oxygenating and this works in only dim sunlight.
It seems silly but you aren't supposed to get the green motor wet so it has to be covered up. That said, we have an old baking tray leaned up against the wall to cover it and it has blown off many times in the wind leavignt he motor uncovered and wet and it still works.
The solar panel is excellent- as i said, working in dim sunlight.
Has lasted over 12 months so far and still going strong
on 6 May 2017
My previous pump lasted the two years that the description suggests and I have every expectation that this will do the same. It works well when there is direct sunshine. I would like the ability to just buy the pump without the panel as my previous panel still works perfectly or to attach another panel to the same pump so as to be able to access the sun for longer.
on 11 April 2016
I put the solar panel outside about an hour before I assembled the unit. Once together, which was easy and took 1 min, it started immediately.
Bubbles appeared the moment I placed the air stones into pond. I did need to add a small wrap of lead pond plant weights to the air stone before it sank.
So far very happy, this has got to help the aerator plants, and with my wildlife pond care.
on 9 April 2016
Excellent solar powered air stones kit.

It's been outside for 6months and works really well.

Just needs light ... Doesn't have to be super sunny but you do need to move the panel around to catch sun.

The airstones have been fine .... Fish love hanging about there.

Ordering another one for the opposite side of pond to keep the fish happy chappies in summer
on 4 June 2017
this was excellent took it in an cleaned and stored it for the winter and was still working this year until now it has just packed up it I suppose for the price it even worked when it was dull and the fish loved it I have a half barrel so I'm looking through the reviews to buy another one