on 22 June 2013
Although seller states that "Our batteries are safe to use, identical in size & shape to the original manufacturer's batteries", this one is not identical at all! If you miss that little remark "Larger back cover supplied to accomadate larger battery size", you might be in for a surprise, because you can't tell from the picture that batt is thick as a McD regular, which means you HAVE to use included back cover, which makes your phone twice as thick! When Arc came out ti was one of the thinnest smartphones out there, with this battery and cover it looks like a joke! On other hand, it is much higher capacity so it will need charging every 2-3 days with moderate use. So it's all about choice: slim design or long battery life...
on 19 November 2011
I bought this as I was getting tired of the lacklustre battery life offered by the Arc. Lasting less than a day with moderate use isn't good and the horrible "battery low" warning going off at 4am in the morning isn't something I was happy with.
The new battery is about double the thickness of the old one and offers a noticably better battery life. I'd say it could last about 2 days with moderate to heavy usage, which is a huge improvement on the stock battery.
The replacement cover to accomodate the battery fits well and I'd say makes the phone much more comfortable in the hand than the concave back.
Overall, an absolute bargain for the money and for someone who values function over form, I'd highly recommend it.
33 Comments| 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 July 2012
I am from Singapore. It didn't indicate for Arc S but I tried that anyway. Both battery and cover fit on Xperia Arc S. The battery fit in well but the cover 9/10, four corners show gaps not close like original cover. On first install the battery show 57%, I let the phone drain on the battery until 20% before recharging. I will update after a few days of use.
on 7 February 2012
Got this battery as I use my phone a lot whilst travelling and the standard battery doesn't last a full day if I use it too much. I find that the battery does last quite a bit longer than the standard if the phone is on standby, however I do fail to see much of a difference if I am using apps all day.

To sum up I would recommend this battery if you are after an extra day standby time for your phone (and not bothered about ruining the sleekness of the xperia arc) however for me it has just turned in to a spare emergency battery hence why I have only given 3 stars, although it is cheap enough and the back cover is of a good standard.
on 23 February 2012
this battery is HUGE!!! which at first glance is ok, however even though charged up overnight for a good 10-12 hours the huge battery only lasted the same as the standard slim line battery, this was with less usage than on a standard day, with Bluetooth and wireless off all day and only a few short phone calls and a couple of texts.

people saying they can get 2 days use out of this battery please tell me how as it didn't even last a whole day for me which i was deeply shocked and surprised about seeing as seeing as the battery is 2000 mAh more powerful than the standard battery so you would expect it to last a day quite comfortably instead of dying after roughly 8-9 hours of low to medium use.

however i will recharge the battery and try it at work tomorrow to see if it was just having a day day, if it lasts the whole day and does not die by the time i go to bed (10.30-11ish)like the standard battery does i will write a review praising this super upgraded battry.
on 24 April 2012
double lifetime...just better, the only down part is because it wont look as an xperia arc no more but i don`t care i`m happy coz my battery lasts a lot longer that the original one...
It is a better battery, but after 6 months it needs replacing, not cost affective, handy as a charged standby
on 2 April 2013
at first i had problems cause my phone thought that it was at 1% charge most of the time which i thought was not right as it stayed on 1% for about 3-4 Hours but after a couple of charges that stop happening. the battery lasts a long time good buy
on 7 November 2012
Brilliant product for the price, fast delivery, highly recommended. Battery cover fits a little tightly, but hopefully won't need to take it off very often.
on 24 August 2012
Battery is excellent. The battery is as it was described and in a week of use responds perfectly. Arrived quickly.