on 30 August 2013
For a fused copy, the condition was very good at an excellent price. I have so far knitted the hen and although the pattern turned out ok, I did need to do a bit of tweeking here and there. I feel sure there is a missprint towards the end of the body. I e the pattern says repeat rows 26 -29. three times. I think this should read rows 32 -35. This would give a much better finished effect. I needed a pattern for a red grouse and this one worked well.
on 11 February 2014
Looked promising, but too many printing errors, confusing at times. Will be selling my copy as I prefer my other books
on 29 June 2014
I have noticed mistakes in the pattern for EVERY toy I've attempted, the birds in particular about half of the pattern is missing! Luckily was able to make the rest up and have given 3 stars because the animals are so cute, made 3 chickens one Christmas for elderly Grans and Aunt as couldn't think of anything to buy and they were really pleased with them! But then Grans have to be impressed with your handmade gifts, its the law :D
on 29 July 2013
This is a lovely book and I would recommend it. I'm making a chicken at the moment and the intricate working to make the chicken look like an original is brilliant. I have however found some mistakes in the book, one of which I have let the seller know about. This is an error in the pattern which could confuse. It is quite possibly a printing error. Lovely pictures adorable pets very appealing.
on 21 January 2012
This book has lots of great designs but all require you to knit in the round using 4 needles . Ok if you are skilled but not so great if like me you are just getting used to knitting. I have made knitted animals with 2 needles successfully so not a complete novice . But i couldn't follow the instructions for knitting on the round, also noticed that some abbreviations used were not explained.
on 9 October 2011
Charming book,there areKnit and Purl Pets: 20 Patterns for Little Pets with Big Personalities - Knitted animals, dogs, cats, horses, mice, chickens loads of delightful patterns and very good value for the money. I am happy to reccomend this book
on 12 April 2014
A very good book with super ideas...main problem is the knitting instructions are based on terms that are not standard to those normally used in the uk...so you need to be an above average knitter to cope with the patterns. Super ideas though.
on 24 March 2013
found this book rather disappointing...much of the animals are knitted in the round,using 3 needles.the i cord seems a bit fiddly to do.will probably knit one pattern just to say i did so but was disappointed none the lesss
on 10 December 2012
I always get the urge to start knitting when the evenings draw in but usually abandon the project once Christmas is upon me. These little pets are just small enough to complete in an evening or two and they are so cute!
on 9 October 2015
Great ideas but got fed up with incorrect patterns. Made my sister a chameleon and she loved it! Publishers should not be permitted to get away with mistakes. The patterns are hard enough as it is!