TOP 500 REVIEWERon 10 December 2013
I was after a speaking watch for some time, purely for use at night when it's difficult to see a normal watch.

PROs
----
Accurate; it gets a time signal every day (assuming you're not living in a lead-lined room, and even then you can just leave it on the window sill during the day and it will pick up the time within a few minutes)

Clearly spoken. Although during the day you might think "not loud enough, surely?" I can assure you that at 2am it's more than loud enough. Man's voice, BBC English, and optionally will speak the date too.

Large face with nicely contrasting black hands and white face (other options are available too but this seemed the easiest to read).

Not only is it accurate the voice and hands all match up so you don't have to adjust it. Not ever, not even after the daylight saving hour. Brilliant!

CONs
----
Large for a 'ladies' watch, but as it's primarily for the partially sighted it's probably a good thing.

Chunky. OK, this was probably the biggest surprise, in how thick it was from front (the watch face) to the back of the watch, probably due to all the electronics. Not a deal breaker but not the most stylish of watches for day use. However, if you are visually challenged then its function will be of much more importance than how chunky it is. And as I said, it's only used at night.

Strap was leather with a buckle. Useless for quick changes. So I replaced it with an expanding bracelet from a market man-in-a-van and it's great. Annoyingly, other models in the same range come with either a bracelet (clasp) or expanding bracelet strap just not this black-hand on white face version. Typical.

Conclusion
----------
Excellent for what it is intended for. A bit chunky for day-to-day use and certainly larger than most 'ladies' watches but you must remember who it's aimed at. I'd buy this again, most certainly.

---

[If you found this review helpful please up-vote; it you didn't, don't down-vote - leave a comment to help me improve this and my other reviews]
on 13 November 2012
I bought this watch for my mother and we are both impressed at how easy it is for a person with limited sight to use. She will not have to worry about how to check the time because the radio signal does it all for her. She can now easily check on the time and know that it is accurate.
on 19 December 2012
It may be that I need to go to Specsavers, but in the pictures I see what looks like a conventional sized ladies watch. In reality it is as large as a man's watch - worth bearing that in mind if you want something subtle. It's working fine though so no complaints on that score.
on 14 November 2015
Bought this for my mother. Only downside is you press the button once for time and again for date; mother tends to hold button down skipping over time to the date. Would probably have been better if button were single function for time only .
Best bit is she wants to know if guys telling time work shifts; also when tried to explain radio controlled time adjustment as watch talking to another clock she thought that was why some of her other clocks were at wrong time was because they'd been talking to each other and got confused. Bless!
on 2 November 2012
The first watch I received caused some problems after about 2 weeks.
Firstly the battery gave out,so I had that replaced at a well known jewellers.
This was quickly followed by the watch unable to keep any sort of time,which was
very confusing at first because the instructions are quite complex. After several
attempts of setting the time it became obvious that the watch was faulty.So I returned
the watch to Amazon , who sent me a replacement very promptly. The replacement watch
has worked like 'clockwork',excuse the pun', and I am more than happy with the product.
on 27 August 2015
Wonderful watch,I bought this one for my wife after she went swimming with the previous life max 407.2 watch, that is a con for it not waterproof!
My wife has suffered from memory loss and has forgotten how to tell the time, this helps and prompts her.
The radio control system makes for easy setting up and for no fuss summer time changes. A good buy provided you remember to take off before swimming .
on 27 November 2012
Perfect for the job! Mum is very forgetful but now she has the day
Date and time at the press of a button. Excellent!
on 24 May 2016
I bought this about a fortnight ago and am very pleased with it. The face is extremely clear and so depending on the light level I can see the time normally without having to use the voice. However the voice function is brilliant for a quick time check when doing something. Or even in the night! I would have liked a female voice but the male one is clear and that's the main point of having a speaking watch. It is chunky, there's no getting away from that but I'm used to it now. Haven't been anywhere yet to see if it picks up the time signal from another time zone but will report back if there's a problem.
on 21 October 2015
I bought my dad the mans version and he loves it and he asked me to get his lady friend one. there is little to differentiate between the two In fact they look the same. she said thank you but was obviously disappointed, not seen her wear it
on 19 January 2013
I purchased this Lifemax ladies talking watch and was impressed with it, however after six months a button fell off, and Amazon's replacement service was first class except when I received it, the replacement watch's hands did not work. I think the manufacturer needs to examine their quality control.