on 28 March 2012
I give it 5 stars for function, BUT 2 stars overall as I have had such problems with it.

Great product when used with apps designed for it and ones that aren't. Amazing with Note Taker HD. LOVED it initially. It was the writing tool I had been looking for!
But I have had a massive problem with the conductivity of the disc after using it for about a month. For a week it jumped and skipped and didn't register properly and then stopped working altogether. Adonit were great and have got their UK supplier to ship me a new one free. BUT I have noticed that there are now a lot of small scratches on the area that I habitually used as the stylus writing area on at the bottom of my screen above the home button, I guess from having to press harder to make contact when it was faltering. Adonit have been less forthcoming about this. Simply quoting that it was probably dust (NOT I kept it scrupulously clean) and that I should have used a screen protector.............NOT IMPRESSED as having checked forums, this seems to have been a problem and Adonit seemed to have fessed up and sorted this issue for US customers. I guess as I am in the UK they aren't bothered.
22 Comments| 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 February 2012
This is a difficult item to review.
The iPad wasn't designed for stylus use, so any stylus is not going to come up to the requirement you want.
However, this one gets about as close as you can currently get to perfect.
There are some provisos though:

It's great for drawing apps, as long as you don't lean on screen.
For note taking, it will require either, an application that includes a 'lean on' area, or a 'zoom to write' area.

The two applications I have used are Memo (which has the lean on area), and NoteTaker HD ( (which has the zoom to write area).

Of the two apps, for writing, I prefer NoteTaker as it is more accurate in registering the input from the stylus.
However, Memo has a great lean on area, which allows you full use of the iPad screen.
It does fail a lot in registering the input from the stylus.
Memo also has a great handwriting OCR , which converts your written text to typed text for email or PDF.

There is a new stylus in the making from Adonit that is going to utilise Bluetooth technology to register the input.
It talks of increased accuracy and being able to lean on screen.
Until that is out, this is your best bet at a THIN stylus that you can handle like a pen.
on 23 December 2011
I am using notability app with this stylus. You need couple of weeks to get used to it but after that writing would be as easy as using normal pen. If you want to be paperless then I strongly recommend this. I would give this stylus 5 star but not all the apps will work well. For me apps like Goodreader or Notability are more suitable for this device but you will not get same writing experience in Note Taker HD or Notes Plus.But for me this is not a big issue.
on 14 February 2012
The Jot Pro is really outstanding. I've bought all manner of styluses for my iPad, which I use at the office primarily for taking notes. When used with a good note-taking app (like Notability or Inknotes HD), the Jot Pro is the closest thing I've found to a pen-and-paper experience.

The cap which protects the tip can be screwed onto the back end for safe-keeping, which is a nice touch. The magnet which keeps it adhered to the side of the iPad is quite weak, however - so much so that I don't even bother with it and keep the stylus in my pocket.

The price point is fairly high, but the Jot is so much better than any other stylus I've used that I think it's good value for money.
on 8 February 2013
The look and feel of this stylus is great. Everything positive that has been said is true. But, and its a big BUT: The clear plastic disc at the end of the pen fell off my pen after very little use. I had snagged it on a woollen garment. Because the disc is very small and practically invisible I couldn't find it. If a gentle action like the light catch I gave it can pull it off then there is a problem. The disc came off way too easily.

The supplier didn't think it was their problem and they said I could buy a replacement disc for about £5. Where? Search for a supply. Non on this site. I looked up the USA Amazon and there they are out of stock. I looked around at the reviews there and its clear others have found the same problem as me and come to a similar conclusion: the stylus is great if you have no problem but if you do then good luck to you! For those who got replacement discs it seems that they fall off even more easily with the slightest movement.

The disk that came with the stylus is protected by a cap that screws on either end of the pen. I admit that it took me some time to figure this out. The pen comes with no useful information (like that and where you can buy replacement discs).

My conclusion? This was a waste of money. The pen is great but the costs and inconvenience makes it a poor purchase. There are many cheap but useful stylus' out there. The cost of this stylus would be about £30 already but with a very real prospect of more costs involved. And, the inconvenience is very off putting.
on 2 January 2013
Have tried a couple of other capacitive styli, and this one gives the most similar experience to pen & paper (incredibly smooth pen on paper!) with NotesPlus, my notetaking app of choice. Had a problem with connectivity recently (after about 6 months of use), but inserted aluminium foil in the nib and is now as good as new. Brilliant.
on 24 May 2012
I did read the reviews that warned of this huge defect but assumed the users were not really using it properly and anyway I had an otter box to protect my spanking new iPad. Guess what....I need to get a new otter box cover because this pen has scratched the s*** out of the screen cover. It's not an immediately obvious effect unfortunately, but it DOES take place and by the time you realise it it's too late. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT.
on 18 May 2013
For detailed work, this is the best stylus I've ever tried, by far. Only downside is that the small disc on the end is easy to knock off and is then extremely difficult to spot on the carpet!
on 18 May 2013
The stylus came two weeks early. Ordered it on the 6th of may got it on the 15th, was menbt to come on the 30th. So very good delivery. The stylus works the way I want it to. There where no problems with it apart from coming in a huge box for such a small thing. Either way I got what I ordered for.mplain and simple.
on 28 February 2014
I wish I had taken more notice of the poor reviews instead of believing the reviews from multiple sites that praise this stylus. Yes it is very stylish. Yes it is a nice size and weight to work with. Yes the tip design is a great idea.
However... In order to achieve a clean unbroken line you have to hold the stylus in an uncomfortably upright position. This may be fine for brief jottings but is not sustainable for prolonged periods of drawing.
Unfortunately any plus points pale into insignificance when you realise (too late) that your tablet is covered in fine scratches. Luckily my nexus 7 is 18 months old - I would be taking this further with the manufacturer if I had a new or costlier tablet. I am not the first person to report this - it is time Adonit addressed the issue.