on 3 December 2012
A quick very steamy erotic read.

Focus is on the master/slave relationship which is darker than my usual reads but utterly fascinating at the same time.

Definitely an author to keep an eye on!
4.5* This was an excellent find via Kindle freebies. It won't be to everyone's tastes, as it does start off with non-consensual sex - not of the hardcore variety, I hasten to add, but it ends in a HEA, which I didn't see coming.

Gabi, the female lead, entered the US illegally from Mexico, in order to save her life, as she's witnessed a gangland killing, and her life was in danger. Unfortunately, she was 'found in a raid' by 'immigration' and had a choice of either being sent back to certain death, or by being released into the care of 'Maid For It' , a cleaning company that will employ her and arrange for a proper visa, as long as her work proves satisfactory.

Only, in the car on the way out of court, Gabi realises that she's just become a whore, a sex-worker, but she can see no way out, and can't let any of her family know. Her life changes when she comes to work for Ben Hardcastle, who thinks he's hired a submissive to be his plaything - and occasional maid.

I'm not sure why I continued to read this tale beyond this point, as yes, Gabi was his slave and he asked her to call him 'Master' and 'Sir', and she did, but then the author totally took the tale in a different direction...

I can't believe that, with a certain discovery about Gabi, for me, Ben so totally went from anti-hero to hero, and that the power and influence he had changed so much for Gabi. I couldn't believe how decent and selfless he ended up being. I think this has ended up being one of the most non-soppy romantic tales I've ever read. It is a real Keeper, as it ends in a HEA. The sex is hot, erotic, naughty and both leads are very likable. And very well-written it is too, but there are a few typos and homophones, a few present tense-to-past tense-to-present tense again, verb anomalies going on randomly, that a simple read and edit will fix.
on 5 July 2012
This was a nice surprise. A well rounded novella written in the first person that was far better than I'd anticipated both from the title and the fact that I was fortunate enough to have this as a free read. It is a story I would be happy to buy in the reasonably priced range. The story is told in the first person, Gabi's story is of blackmail and being forced into apparently agreed acceptance of what is an initially nonconsensual relationship though Ben the Dominant isn't aware of this as it's carried through by Gabi in order to stay in the USA and not be deported back to Mexico, a situation of which she is terrified of. Ben, a rich powerful man and computer techno geek asks if she is there voluntarily and knows nothing of her reality or experiences, neither does he know of her virgin state until he has the physical and visual evidence. Gabi's is introduced to her submissive sexuality in every way possible but this could have had more attention to detail as to recounting Gabi's feelings, emotions and sensations as opposed to happenings. It would have enriched a good story further. English is good and it is edited. Too good for 3 star and in my opinion just hits four stars.
on 22 January 2013
A strange book. In some ways I can understand why Gabi does what she does at the outset, she wants to escape from a bad life. However, what I find difficult to comprehend is why she carries on with the new life when she has a chance to give it up.

I am unable to put myself in the shoes of this girl; but maybe there is some truth in these characters.

I've given it three stars for individuality.
on 15 May 2013
If you read the synopsis, you will know how the story goes. I enjoyed the writing style especially as it is told from Gabi's point of view and she has a quirky sense of humour. I liked Ben or 'Master' as he preferred to be called, but I didn't like the derogatory words he used for Gabi. The sex was hot and well described and the whole story had a satisfactory ending. Easy reading and enjoyable.
on 6 October 2013
This short story was well written and hot! A good plot line and characters which I liked gave me the incentive to write a review as I think the book would be more popular with more reviews. Try it, you'll like it!
on 20 November 2013
For once a story that does more than getting its plot going! Characters may be somehow overwritten, but this is a story not only about physical aspects, but one that deals with people's motives. A fantastic read.
on 17 July 2013
Maid for it is a hot read. It was well written. It would be great to read a follow up.
on 8 June 2013
I have only read the sample and it was very good. if the full version is as expected i can wait
on 16 February 2015