Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - U2 Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

Before the Poison
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£5.99

on 22 August 2017
Peter Robinson is one off my favourite authors but this book stands out as a really great work. The story takes the reader on a journey through two worlds, the past and the narrator's present personal experience. Wonderful description of places, brilliantly drawn characters and deeply researched historical events play out against the narrator's journey toward s self-redemption. A gripping and enthralling story for anyone who loves a mystery novel and enjoys truly brilliant writing
on 18 July 2017
Normally its the Inspector Banks books i always buy, But this book was excellent x
really good plot line x Peter Robinson has a great way of making you feel you are their in the group of people,Can highly recommend ,
on 13 August 2017
I have strayed from DCI Banks but not disappointed. Still the murder mystery but from a different angle. Excellent plot intertwining a cold case from sixty years ago into modern day. Thought-provoking. Fully recommended.
on 22 November 2011
I will start by saying that I am an avid Peter Robinson fan, and have read all of his DCI Banks books and his short stories, and loved every one (even Badboy!).
I too didn't realise this wasn't a Banks story until at least half way through, by which point it seemed unlikely he was going to make an appearance.
what is missing in this book are the pen-pictures; I felt like I knew Banks, I had a perfect picture in my head of what he was like (nothing like he was in the TV series I might add), what his colleagues were like etc, due to Robinson's descriptive writng style- I even down loaded some of the music mentioned in his books!
It doesn't seem to happen in this book, the characters aren't developed as well and I didn't feel them at all. I can't even remember the lead characters name. Yorkshire however, is, as always eloquentley and passionately discribed and makes me want to live there.
Also, I could finish a Banks book in a couple of days, this took me weeks as it's much more 'put-downable'.

A good enough book, but nowhere near his best
on 17 November 2016
Simple story, easy reading, read it in 3 nights. Bit boring in places. Passed the time.
on 7 September 2017
well written but rather slow to unravel
on 5 March 2017
No story. Pathetic characters. Improbable location. Banks would have locked up all the characters and thrown away the key after the first chapter!
on 8 November 2017
A really good read
on 22 August 2017
excellent as usual with good original plot
on 6 February 2014
Another reliable fantastic Peter Robinson read. Maybe not as good as some of the series, but a great book nonetheless.