TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 11 May 2014
I hurt my back recently and needed a barrow to move around soil and bark and the usual gardening bits and pieces in a medium sized garden. My last barrow passed away quietly at the age of 23, so I had high hopes of a new one.

Purchase and delivery

This was purchased from Amazon Marketplace provider DF Sales Ltd, who dispatched my order really quickly and it was delivered to Northern Ireland 2 days later. Really fast. The packaging box was a mess with two large holes in it. The box is fairly flimsy and really not meant in my view for the rough and tumble of a courier service (Parcelforce) and better packaging would have helped. Items are loose inside and they were marked here and there...but hey, its a wheelbarrow.

What you get

Firstly this is advertised as a Bristol Mucker by Lamboro. If you Google this barrow you will see it is different to the one pictured. The item picture is exactly what I received but is actually a Walsall, 'Barrow in a Box' Shire model. (note comments on the box and transit above). So the picture is correct but the description isn't, although I've a notion they are made by the same company.

The barrow itself comes ready for assembly which is really attaching the handles to the frame, the front wheel and the bucket with a set of good quality nuts and bolts. This is easy to do and suggestions by other reviewers about not tightening nuts fully until build applies. I would suggest that you mount the pan before you screw the frame to the handles/spacers, as I found doing the handles first left the pan seriously out of line with the two front holes in the frame. If you get one you will know what I mean!

The frame is plastic coated so should not rust and a little bit of duck tape round the front of the frame at the tipping point would save the metal from becoming exposed. I've filled it with soil so far and chip bark and it handles and manoeuveres and tips easily. My main concern is that the leg supports are too narrow and if over filled this will tip if on any incline.

As barrows go these days its fine and will do my job,but I can't get excited about it. Best I can say is its okay. Not bad, but not great either.
on 13 March 2013
After searching local stores and the web for a suitable replacement for my old wheelbarrow which had lasted 20years, I decided to buy this model even though it cost a bit more. Having placed the order on Sunday, it arrived the following Tuesday morning well packaged. Assembly was relatively straight forward, following the instructions, with all parts locating easily and of a sturdy construction. A good tip is to only hand tighten all nuts and bolts before final tightening. Tried it out last week transferring a ton of chippings to my back garden and it passed with flying colours. Would highly recommend.
on 26 August 2013
What a shame. I purchased this because it was advertised as a British product and I wanted a lightweight plastic barrow. Very disappointed with the kit. Although the components are string there were a number of problems with it;

1. The metalwork to hold the pan to the frame needed twisting into position using mole grips so that the bolts would line up. It was 45% out of true! Had into done this the bolts would have quickly torn through the pan, rendering the barrow useless.
2. The washers that come with the unit were unfit for purpose as they twisted out of shape as soon as they were secured. I used stainless steel replacements.

This is advertised as a British product but when I researched into the company ,it seems it went out of business years ago. I think. This barrow is a Chinese import. Can't prove it though.

Shame,I tried buying British and got a bad experience.
on 24 June 2012
This wheelbarrow was very easy to build in around 10 minutes. Very sturdy and made with good quality strong metal and well proportioned bucket. Easily manouvered when full and there is no bend or bounce from the materials as usually found in cheap products. It has been well used so far and I'm delighted with this product and considering buying another. Good British product well worth the money.
on 25 October 2012
Needed a wheelbarrow for my recently acquired allotment and came across this item on Amazon, seemed to tick all the boxes for capacity, corrosion resistance and solid build. It arrived well wrapped and ready assembled which was a plus. Since then it has seen heavy use, been left out in the rainy season, (2012), and still looks like new. A solid, well made product, highly recommended.
on 14 September 2015
This is a well built product but it came with the wrong spanner so we had to purchase an adjustable one in order to fit together but when I told the trader they were quick to allow me a small discount for the inconvenience. Having sorted that, however, the wheel nut then 'pranged' off, so we had to buy another wheel nut/washer. Otherwise, it seems quite a substantial heavy duty product which arrived on time.
on 26 November 2016
Just arrived and looks to be just what the doctor ordered. Easy to put together with a few tools and seems robust enough to use around the garden but I doubt would stand the rigours of the professional landscaper, but then that's not what it's made for. So all in all it does what it says on the tin. Top job.
on 27 November 2014
This is a sturdy and lightweight barrow and I don't remember having any problems assembling it. But after a year outside some rust is appearing. The six bolts holding the pan onto the legs are rusting and the paint has been worn away where the legs contact the ground causing them to rust. After a couple of months I realised that I should store it upside down to prevent it filling with rainwater.
on 24 February 2015
Plenty strong enough and big enough for the garden and LIGHT building work.
Easy to assemble
Some drills are needed to bore holes in the pre-scribed places
Basic spanners
Garden outlets could supply similar items at equal prices but this is delivered to your door. The choice is yours :put it together yourself and save petrol and carriage to and from B&Q
on 26 May 2014
Easy self assembly? Might have helped if there had been any instructions supplied, or even if the spanner in the box was the right size for the bolts supplied, but even then it would have been a struggle as the brackets between which the wheel is mounted were too close together & had to be bent.
Serviceable enough once it's been wrestled together, but all in all, not the quality I was looking for, although it's too much trouble to return by the time you've got far enough to find this out.