on 1 October 2012
I bought two of these lights for my bathroom. The electrician pointed out to me that the silver part next to the ceiling (at the top of the product photo) was not a true circle, but really wonky. This was noticeable when he held the fitting up to the ceiling. I've added a photo under the product image on this page so you can see what I mean.

I contacted the Light Factory for replacements, which eventually arrived after some problems with the carrier and several emails. The new lights were not much better than the originals, so I am returning them for a refund. The Light Factory says there is not a problem with the lights: "Please accept our apologies, however these were checked before dispatching and were in perfect condition. This is one of our best-selling lines with 99.9% of happy customers."

So I suppose it depends whether you mind that top bit of metal being a not-quite-circular shape against your ceiling. The rest of the light is nicely designed. At the same time I bought these, I also got Litecraft - Satin Nickel Gemini 3 Light Halogen Ceiling Spotlight Plates for my living room. The corresponding part on these is a perfect circle as it should be.
30 people found this helpful
|22 Comments|Report abuse
on 7 May 2017
Gorgeous colour. Some people claimed the bulbs were hard to fit but we had no problem. Smaller than you'd think but lovely all the same.
4 people found this helpful
on 29 September 2016
I wasn't impressed with this light at all, much smaller than I expected and does not give sufficient light. A bulb went after a month and I still haven't managed to get the bulb out after trying every method and the tool supplied. If I thought I could send it back I would. If only I had read the reviews before purchasing I would never have bought it. I will replace it soon and only purchase a light where bulbs are easy to remove by hand, The design on this is rubbish and I can only think that the reviewers on here haven't yet had to change a bulb .... but good luck when you do!
on 7 April 2017
For the price this is a very good item, set it up easily in my bathroom and it looks great. One reviewer has complained that the attachment frame was not round ? don't understand the problem, this part houses the bracket and once the light is installed you don't see it.
Great price lovely item.

Joe
on 26 July 2013
Another reviewer has already commented on another version of these lights (in white?), to say that the base trim is not circular, and has included photos to show that. He/she is absolutely right. I ordered two in spite of that, thinking perhaps it was a one off, but alas no. Both lights have a noticeably crooked base, and even the band thickness is not the same as it goes round. I can't understand how people can market rubbish like this. How do they stay in business? Don't buy it!
6 people found this helpful
on 24 October 2016
Really nice! Like a few of the other reviews my upper round plate was bent out of shape. Although the mirror / polished chrome finish facing down was perfectly circular. I brought two, one for an office another for a landing. One was very badly bent, the other only a little. You can see it if you walk around underneath, but it's liveble, and visitors have only noticed when I've pointed it out.

Installing them in their new home was easy, and the plate is wide so lots of space for the cables etc. Nice heads which you can move so you can angle the lights as you want. Pleased!
on 3 August 2017
Very nicely made, easy to wire up, good instructions and looks great. Philips hue bulbs fit perfectly and are nicely hidden inside the lamp holder too which is what I was after.
on 5 August 2013
Obviously I got one from a bad batch! I spent half an hour struggling to fit bulbs into this unit but the ones supplied just wouldn't go in. I eventually managed to get some bulbs from my own stock to fit, but that took quite a time. I'm not looking forward to replacing the bulbs when the time comes. However, I gave it two stars because it's quite an attractive unit, but there was something wrong with the bulb fittings on my one.
5 people found this helpful
on 15 December 2014
Fitting wasn't a true circle and was in fact quite flimsy, but eventually went on. The problem we had was with the light bulbs themselves. The light comes with a sucker to assist in putting the bulbs (GU10) in, but it's pointless and has no traction. What's worse is that there's no gap between light and edge, and the lamp goes past the bulb's edge, which makes putting the bulbs in almost impossible due to the overly stiff spring sockets.

In the end we had to go and buy smaller diameter GU10s to put in which reduces the amount of light, and added another £9 to the 'value' of this light. If I'd know this we wouldn't have bought it.
on 11 March 2018
Perfect replacement for a heat faded one that has been ageing and yellowing.One minus was an LED 50 Watt bulb blew after only a few hours lighting. Where was the 15,000 hours there?!!