on 22 February 2012
Love these pans, very useful for preparing food in advance and then simply microwave. I also have the rice and vegetable steamer. These pans are very strong and sturdy and very easy to clean.
on 20 June 2013
Most disappointed. I only bought the damn thing on 29th May and here we are only the 20th June and it has developed a great big split radially across the bottom whilst warming vegetables in the microwave tonight.

It works all right while it lasts and is of good size, etc., but what a fiasco, splitting after less than a month! This seems to be a stress type split as reported by other reviewers.

I'm sending it back but now I've got to find something to pack it in. Who expects to have to keep the packaging for a plastic saucepan in case it 'breaks down' in 5 mins.

A FURTHER UP DATE. The second one went exactly the same way only yesterday, early July. I can't be bothered to send this one back as well. I've binned it but kept the lid for a different one that came without a lid, as it fits.
on 16 January 2013
i went on amazon to search for a replacement for this certain microwavable pot that i own because as i was using it today i noticed that in several places around it has developed long splits almost from top to bottom and it just doesn't look like it will hold too long anymore, i am afraid it might just explode mid cooking.

and what do i find here? the exact same pot advertised as "virtually unbreakable". funny coincidence, isn't it?

so lets move past the catch phrases and on to the facts.

this IS a good pot, don't get me wrong. it does it's job, it fits into even the small sized microwaves, served its purpose for about 3 years since i had it. you do have to remember though that unbreakable things don't exist. (haven't we learned the lesson after someone invented a "virtually unsinkable" ship?) i have never been using this pot excessively and never for long, intense cooking, i haven't been throwing it against walls either. all i ever really used it for was tinned soups etc so what, max 3 minutes in at a time, and yet it's life has come to an end.

but hey, i can afford to spend under £10 every 3 years for a new one.
on 5 November 2011
Having quite recently purchased 4 Microwise lidded saucepans described as guaranteed for 5 years I was surprised and dissapointed to find that 2 of the four had split while cooking vegetables, such that one of the two would no longer hold water. The shape and size is ideal for my purposes. But not durable enough to be viable for continued use.
on 9 April 2012
I found the lidded saucepan really good so decided to buy a second. It's great being able to use a transparent lidded utensil in the microwave, being able to keep an eye on what's being heated. I use it for baked beans, frozen peas, frozen mixed vegetables, rice pudding and porridge in the main and then it goes in the dishwasher!

I've been using the saucepans for several weeks and so far so good.
on 13 September 2013
Although I didn't buy mine from Amazon I did buy 2 of this same make from Dunelm Mill. They have both spilt after only 6 months or so, of only low to moderate usage. I suppose the 5 year guarantee gave me the confidence to think that they were superior quality and would last. I couldn't have been more wrong. I didn't keep the receipt or the packaging due to the misplaced confidence I had. All in all a costly mistake when trying to be economical.
on 4 December 2013
I've been using this microwave saucepan for some time now and can highly recommend it. It's true, it doesn't stain, the handle doesn't get hot and perfect for the contents of one tin. The two pouring lips either side and its transparency also make it the ideal microwave container.
on 13 October 2012
I already have used these saucepans so know how good they are there is not a lot to be said except that we need more sizes. FOR ANYBODY WHO IS NOT SURE ABOUT HOW GOOD THEY ARE THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY TO DESCRIBE THEM BRILLIANT. As usual very good delivery
on 9 December 2012
Ideal to heat up beans tomatoes, and other tinned foods quickly. We are pleased with the pan and service, Thanks
on 27 September 2014
It has split already - I have only used it about a dozen times