These are the authors featured in The Serial Killers;

Belinda Bauer, Sean Black, Tom Cain, Lee Child, Christopher Fowler, Ariana Franklin, Tess Gerritsen, Robert Goddard, James Henry, Simon Kernick, John Macken, Liza Marklund, Andy McNab and Johan Theorin.

The book's put together to give you a taster, a sample, of their work and maybe point you towards reading their novels in full if you like their style. At the beginning of each extract there's an introduction to the author and a history of their writing credentials/experience along with a reproduction of the artwork from the book cover. There's a lot of content in here, you're not just reading one page from each novel, kept me occupied for ages. Considering this is a free download I have absoultely no complaints and would advise you to snap it up while it's still available for free.
on 24 May 2017
did'nt get to finish this book.
on 18 May 2017
good
on 28 September 2014
Fab read
on 8 August 2012
This book for a free download was good but i couldn't really get into it and i was disappointed really. The Serial thrillers is good but also at the same time i think the authours really thought things through and not rush the books it's good but not my sort of book
on 10 September 2011
This does exactly what it's supposed to do - provides sample chapters from a variety of writers in the thriller genre.

Some of these I'll pick up, some I probably won't, but there are a couple of writers in here I haven't come across before and the download was worth it for that alone.

Speaking of cost - this is free. The only cost to you is the effort of clicking a couple of buttons.

Handing out 1 star reviews when you couldn't be bothered to do that, or didn't read the description is beyond sad.
on 22 February 2012
What a good idea it is to sample several books by new and long standing authors alike. The crime and thriller genre is such a mixed bag in terms of quality and there is so much to choose from, that being able to read a few pages, at your leisure, is helpful. If you find only a couple of books you are interested in, it is worth a couple of clicks and a scan of a few pages.
on 19 July 2012
Why on earth are people yapping about a free download. The point of this is to sample the different writing styles and then buy one or more of their books if you like their particular style. I never thought I would see complaints about '' something for nothing''

Give it a try - you might even find something you like here.
on 23 August 2011
14 free samples from thrillers was very enjoyable as it gave the chance to read exactly what Amazon offers normally - the chance to download samples. There are some I will buy, some I won't & at least one which I wished had the rest of immediately. Very good for what it is.
33 Comments| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 May 2013
First time I have ever purchased a "sampler" but am so glad I did. This introduced me to several authors I have not tried before and there are at least 10 books that I would like to purchase after reading the samples.
Very good introduction, for me at least, to authors that I probably would not have considered without reading this.