on 29 July 2014
Brilliant story, makes you want to read to the end. Very good characters and good description. Use of 'colloquial' English trade at first but added to the story when you got used to it.
on 11 October 2016
I like book with strong but Vail stable heroines. Saba fitted the bill - reminded me of Throne of Glass with a touch of Hunger Games. Highly readable , very unputdownable. I'd recommend it!
on 29 April 2014
My friend finished Hunger Games and wanted another book, so I gave her my copy of this. She loves it. Makes you want a crow and a horse :P But really, the world is so well described I got lost to it for a couple of days. It also stuck with me for a while after. Would definitely recommend to fans of YA dystopian futures with strong female leads.
on 15 December 2012
I bought this book for my teenage grandson who just loves to read books in this genre especially with kick ass girls as the protagonist (his words)
on 7 January 2016
Loved it, fast pace, action and adventure. A disturbing dystopian future the scene of a classic battle of good against evil and the triumph of love conquering all.
on 31 July 2013
See my Rebel Heart review (sequel to BRR). Just Brilliant! Saba's voice is compelling and gritty, her simple language conveying the harsh world she lives in with total clarity. The only thing I would say about this book is the title put me off reading for a long time, but boy oh boy I am glad I took the plunge.
on 22 September 2014
purchased to complete trilogy on kindle. Good story line!!
on 5 September 2014
good read
on 24 July 2014
Tense with raw writing style and something quite different to what I am used to reading.
on 5 April 2013
This is in my opinion the best book in the Dustlands series and engages you more then its counterpart. The plot is very interesting with many twists and turns.The characters and their surrounding are very well described.