on 18 September 2012
Very cheaply made, I assume it was wrong size for sink as when I tried to push it in the plug hole it just bent and split. the material was not much stronger than foil.
on 1 April 2013
When I first opened this product I noticed tha that the stainles steel it was made from was verty thin and therefore easily distorted in use. I don't think it will be too long before it tears away from the brass stem. Having said that, providing you treat it gently it should last longer than I previously thought. In addition it doesn't completely seal the drain but the leakage is very miminal as not to worry about too much.
It will be nice to see hoe it works 12 months from now.
Would I recommend it? For the money probably yes.
on 24 September 2012
Sent these back almost as soon as I examined them - the just would not work - the stainless steel top just doesn't flex the rubber is very thin and won't seat because of the stainless' lack of flex - look elsewhere - can't give zero stars or I would
on 22 August 2012
I've had a few of these and they all fail due to the spring loaded ball in the stem going rusty. This has a plastic ball so should last a while.
on 17 May 2013
Cheap, yes, but for a reason. Very flimsy product, and didn't last more than a couple of weeks before the ball-bearing retainer fell out.
on 16 April 2014
Good replacement the fit not 100%but does the job Cheaper than new sink get 2 then you'll have a spare
on 19 October 2012
The item is made up of three parts screwed together and these continually need retightening.
It was also very difficult, when ordering, to be sure that the item was the size required.
I think mine is probably too small for my plug hole and therefore is too restrictive.
Nonethe less it works.
on 24 June 2013
I thought that this must be good value for money- what can go wrong with a plug? - but I was mistaken!! 6 months later and I am having to buy a replacement as its just fallen apart. Pay a little more and get one that lasts!!
on 19 January 2013
Strainer was bent out of shape when package was opened. Just goes to show how poor this product is. Luckily I only needed the rubber washer to solve the problem with my original strainer. The rest went in the bin!
on 17 March 2013
Looks as described, but doesn't actually work as a stopper in my sink - actually nearly sliced my thumb off when pushing it into the hole to see if I could get a better fit. How did it pass H&S?!