on 20 May 2012
Bought this item for my Mum who had recently had a stroke and its brilliant all she has to do to make contact is press on the picture required press the green button and the number is dialled, you then just speak nothing has to be held, and to answer an incoming call just press the green button, it was easy to put in and store numbers,
For any one with dexterity / memory problems it's a brilliant buy
The only down side is that the cable is pretty short
I would definately recommend this product
13 people found this helpful
on 26 August 2013
We bought this for my dad who has dementia and was struggling with complex phones. Would have given it 5 stars if only it automatically disconnected all calls. A minor niggle but in some instances the caller remains hanging when the handset is replaced and unless the elderly operator remembers to disconnect the call using a simple green button, it clogs up the line. A shame, as otherwise perfect and a great idea, allows existing phone to remain but this extra photo module to be inserted in series for simple use by those who have difficulty with technology.
7 people found this helpful
on 9 January 2014
£2.99 for a simple little memory and hands-free dialer? Can't go wrong! No really, when the delivery cost more than the item you've got to worry about quality a bit,but this is a great little piece of kit.
I'm not deaf or decrepit yet, but I am painfully lazy and anything that dials frequent numbers without faffing about with strange memory codes I can do without. Just plug this into the phone socket, plug your phone into the back, set you memory numbers (Store - number - store - button) and you're off and running. Great volume, easy dialing and cheap as chips. Highly recommended.
on 24 July 2014
I bought this for my mother whose eyesight is not great and who has little sensation or strength in her fingers. She struggles with a conventional phone, and is also a bit deaf. She keeps this on hte bed beside her at night, and there is no handset to knock off by accident. Great idea, appears to work well though fortunately we haven't had to use it in an emergency yet. Can't believe the price - great value, great idea.
on 29 November 2012
I ordered the PB10 Dialler to help unclutter my desk. And it does a brilliant job. I have it mounted on the wall next to my computer. The speaker works very clearly, making it possible for me to keep working without having to pickup a handset. Great product.
6 people found this helpful
on 6 April 2014
I bought this for my mother who is in the early stages of dementia. She finds it difficult to hold the receiver and dial a number on the landline and is frequently cut off because she is so slow. Hopefully this will save all the messing about. We have tried this out and it works well so hopefully she will find it a boon.
on 30 May 2013
this was bought for a person with an existing speaker phone on the ground floor and was replacing a standard phone on the first floor. when hanging up on this new phone they get a loud buzzing feed back on the down stairs phone we have had to put the old phone back. There is not an issue with the phone its self it just cant be used in conjunction with the other existing phone.
on 17 February 2014
this is just what we needed for my elderly dad who was having trouble dialling. we were going to put pictures of us all in it but his eyes are bad and the thing is so small you could barely make out the faces. Instead we used letters to denote each of his children. The dialler works fine.
One person found this helpful
on 2 May 2014
This has literally transformed my mother's life since I bought it for her in January 2014. She now has her most dialled numbers programmed into large buttons bearing either a photo of the person or their name printed. She is now able to ring us all regularly whereas before she used to get wrong numbers, sometimes when she needed to speak to us urgently. She is very hard of hearing and the speaker volume is nicely loud enough for her to hear whoever she is speaking to. Fantastic price - can't recommend it highly enough.
One person found this helpful
on 8 June 2014
This is absolutely brilliant for anyone less able to remember telephone numbers. Just use in an emergency and press the button with your photo on it. Or if unable to hold a telephone receiver while standing. I purchased this for my uncle and the times he has needed to use it have been varied and many - it has been a godsend and most probably has saved his life.