on 31 August 2013
Use it daily on my Achilles Tendon. I can now train more, without fear of injury. Also when you travel you can out a bottle of wine inside.
11 comment| 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 February 2013
I have been using the Trigger Point roller for about 4 months.

The reason for this purchase was that I developed a back injury after a poor decision on my part to train with a weighted burgen. I developed a muscle imbalance in my legs due to twisted hips and tight back muscles resulting from the injury.

To cut a long story short I visited the physiotherapist and was recommended to try a few sports massages. This worked for a few days but the tight back returned.

I found using the roller on the floor works the best. Relax and lay horizontal upon the roller, positioning it between the lower part of you back and hips. Relax and push yourself over the roller to your shoulders several times and then repeat.

I found some vertebrae clicked back into place but there was no pain as the muscles returned to their normal relaxed state.

I cannot live without this now and do it before and after running. Well, any exercise really.

The product seems pricey but compared to a £35 sports massage this is worth every penny. Over 4 months there has been no degradation of the roller and it looks and feels good as new, even after heavy use.

Hope this review is useful.

Ben
on 4 July 2013
Being an avid trainer I cycle, run, swim most days and need a good foam roller particularly my calves and this is the best one I've ever used its so good and I feel instant elasticity in my tight leg muscles this is great for throwing in the car and taking it around where ever you go
on 12 March 2015
Okay, so this is probably not the cheapest foam roller you'll find on Amazon but take my word on this, it is the best one by a mile. I have two of these at my local gym, so already knew what they are like to use and the quality of them, but I was still a bit sceptical. In my mind, you were just paying for the brand and so initially I opted for one of the many other foam rollers on Amazon around the £15 mark. I mean, how hard can it be to put some foam on a PVC tube? How wrong I was!

I won't bore you with the negatives of other products, but instead, I'll focus on the positives of this one. Arguably, the best thing about this product is the quality and quantity of the foam itself. It won't compress over time and is just right in terms of delivering a firm massage which you would not get if the thing was coated in foam. The strength of the tube is another plus, as it appears to be a lot stronger than other products. You only have to filter through the reviews both on Amazon and elsewhere to see very few (if any) complaints about the tube cracking under the weight of a person. People weighing 100kg+ have had no problems using this with their full bodyweight on it, so I think this shows there is very little to worry about.

In terms of using the product, I have found it works better on hard floors vs. carpet, but the performance is still good if carpet is all that is available.

Finally, you get a nice little instruction booklet with it that doubles as a wall-chart showing some of the exercises you can do with it. It came well packaged but had minimal waste to throw away, which is always good to see.
on 20 March 2016
We have these at work, and I absolutely love them!

I have one cheaper foam roller which I use regularly before and after sport for myofascial release (self-massage), when this foam roller isn't enough for rolling out the muscles, usually for recovery, I will adhere to using the trigger point foam roller. The different gradient of the roller helps to get a little deeper into the muscle fibres working out any tension or tightness. The plastic tube down the middle helps provide a firmer roll and compliments the gradient pattern for a harder, deeper massage.

I predominantly use this type roller on my calves, but it can be used on any muscle group. I tend to get muscle soreness in the lower part of my calves the next day after a game or training, I use basic body weighted exercises starting with one leg on top of the other from the bottom and working my way to the top whilst concentrating on specific areas for 15-20 seconds and then making my way back again. I will usually finish with two legs to try and pin-point any areas missed.

Its a great piece of kit which helps warm-up the muscles and aids in recovery after, I personally see no downsides to this fantastic product, although depending on the severity of the muscular soreness can determine how much it can possibly hurt (however it is a good kind of pain, which does good for the body). It does what I need it to in gaining a deeper, firmer roll.

I would recommend to any sportsperson or someone who suffers from injuries who would like to avoid injury or assist muscle recovery. Yes its a little more expensive than other rollers, but it is most definitely worth the price, and comes in an assortment of colours to reflect the users personality.
on 30 September 2012
this is a great product...I had hip pain from a tight itb and this sorted it out in a couple of days...highly recommended...
on 29 May 2013
Absolutely amazing. A must for those with sciatica or a stiff back. It works brilliantly. View YouTube clips before you buy to make sure it's for you.
on 13 August 2015
Lovely piece of equipment, ideal size and great price, exactly what i was looking for BUT....on inspection four of the ridges were damaged/depressed. Gutted and annoyed as this was a present for someone
review image
on 21 May 2013
There are a number of foam rollers available on amazon - this one is almost 4 times the price of the others'.

I was truly impressed after buying one of the competitors, and bought one of these thinking it would offer more than the cheaper alternatives. (I've a 66fit ones - it's fantastic).

Don't get me wrong this one is fine: I bought the standard size (15cmx40cm). It's firm, controllable and offers everything the other does but at a vastly inflated price. why?

I've used it in the same way as the other and it does work, in the same way, to ease knots and trigger points on my adductors, hamstrings and ITB.

I still use them both for maintenance, but other than the fact it looks a bit more trendy it really offers no more in the way of performance. Don't get suckered in by the product wording; "trigger point" "performance" and "revolutionary". It will cost you 40 unnecessary pounds.

It's interesting to note that it has dropped in price since my initial purchase.
on 28 December 2015
One of the best purchases I've ever used as part of my gym routine. It's literally been a lifesaver for me. I train hard, usually 5-6 times per week and those who are gym bunnies know that feeling when the lactic acid builds up and you get a case of the DOMS. A soak in the bath helps, but there's nothing like rolling out and breaking down all that acid. I usually roll twice, straight after a workout while still at the gym, and then when I'm home, as I find it really helps before bedtime. The foam roller comes in different sizes but I went for the 1.0 (or medium I guess you'd call it). It's super firm but not too much to break you! It has a slight sponge to it which you need and is the perfect length to be able to take with you when you travel. I often throw it in the boot of my car when I'm on the road and it takes it hardly any space. My favourite parts to roll out are the side of my thighs, calfs and my shoulders. As I do a lot of weight training, after an hour of deadlifts, squats and bench presses your shoulders really need some help! I've recommended the Trigger Point to friends who've gone on to purchase and they've all send the same thing...a Godsend! Thanks Trigger Point for making such a great product.