on 22 January 2016
Bought this Disc alarm lock after chatting to another motorcyclists who had 1 fitted to his bike. Checking the reviews on Amazon, highly recommend this to avoid buying cheap micky mouse copies. This arrived promptly and is supplied with a spare set of batteries and 2 keys plus detailed instructions. After a QC inspection all parts are solidly made and fitted to my motorbike, tip, clean a disc brake hole before fitting as you will not be able to insert the lock to your disc, I chose a hole next to a place that I could mark with a blue marker to easily find the hole I had cleaned next time I parked up. After fitting shake the bike and 3 warning bleeps sound, shake it again and this sets the alarm off, 110dcb's, peace of mind knowing that your bike is secure. Recommend this highly for security, ease of use, portability.
review image
16 people found this helpful
on 22 February 2016
Well all i can say is after my 2 nd bike got stolen with no protection on it (yes my fault expensive learning curve) this little puppy has done the trick no one messes with my Bike now. Easy to get on and off, and good luck to the thieves, the only way they will take your bike is with a transit and 2 burley blokes to lift it. UPDATE- Thieves attempted to steal my Street Triple - they tried to prize open the disclock with a jimmy as they scratched the front disc - but a member of the public was alerted as the alarm was screaming and called the Police, coppers turned up 5minutes later and thieves had scarpered. There are signs they attempted cutting the disclock with an anglegrinder to no avail the key is the Alarm its loud and alerted everyone, I also have an oxford chain through the back wheel as well but they had to deal with this to stop the alarm so basically it saved my 7 grand street triple from being stolen 5 stars certainly from me.
4 people found this helpful
on 8 September 2016
I bought this after my bike almost got stolen, and I must says this will definitely prevent would-be thieves trying to make off with my bike again.

It's bright yellow, extremely noticable and that alone would deter most thieves. I tested the alarm on it, and I must say, it's not as sensitive as I thought it would be, but if it were any more sensitive, the wind would probably set it off. The alarm is quite loud, so be careful if you test it :)
3 people found this helpful
on 17 April 2018
Great bit of kit. The alarm just makes movement of the handle bars obvious and puts off the would be thief. I think the alarm could be louder but it’s certainly not quiet. The batteries last ages plus you get two sets.

My advice on how to use this product is to lock it at a ‘6 o’clock’ position on the bottom of the front disc brake. I found if it was on at a three o’clock horizontal position, this made it more sensitive and increased the possibility of false alarms. Also if you lock your handlebars to the left, put it on the left hand disc brake so it ‘tucked’ under your bike. This will make it harder for people to tamper with, plus it’ll give it some level of rain protection.
I used this outside with a cover on the bike, but... if the cover flaps around on the bike close to the front wheel it will set the alarm off. I got around this by tucking the cover round the other side of the front wheel and used the elastic of the cover to hold it on the other (right hand) disc brake. This meant the cover was tight, but does mean the front wheel isn’t covered fully. Still using this two years and three months later, and I’ve only changed to the second set of batteries about four/ five months ago!
on 4 December 2016
It's been on my bike, outdoors, in all weathers, for over a year now and it works fine. I've not had to replace any batteries yet. The black writing on the side is actually a label and this has fallen off! But it's still nice and bright and working perfectly. I've had the rain set it off on two occasions (in over a year) but I don't find this to be a problem, really. The rain on both occasions was heavy, and it didn't surprise me that it set it off. I mention this only so that buyers can get some idea about how sensitive the device is to rain. It fits nicely in my biking jacket pocket (while I'm riding).
3 people found this helpful
on 29 April 2018
You can't use the luck as luck only withuot alarm , and you must leave it open to disable the alarm , because one night we have wind and rain then alarm went on all night... and i can not keep my bike unsecure ... i need to buy another one ... also you keep the luck in your bag or bucket as the luck must kept open otherwise the alarm will goes on ... so if you keep the luck in your bag not lucked then any movement the keys holder will closed by itself in any movement which will activate the alarm ... so it fail idea ... should be option where you disable alarm ...
on 20 May 2016
Arrived (in Cyprus) quickly, comes with spare batteries and a little pouch to keep it in.
It does what it says on the box but not as loud as I'd hoped for (I'd give it 5* if louder) it didn't fit on the outer holes of my dic (MaxSym600i) but fitted on the inner easily enough, with this in mind I suggest others check the diameters of the holes on their discs..But all in all it is a good deterrent for the opportunist thieving scumbag.
2 people found this helpful
on 13 March 2017
I ve used alarmed disc locks before. Yes others have a sensor knowing when they are fitted on a brake disc so they don't go off when placed in the top box.

This one only starts screaming when the locking pin is locked. If you place it on the pouch leave it unlocked and place it in the top box it won't bother you.

It's loud enough to stop you from setting off with it still on the disc....ouch...
on 23 May 2014
Hi everybody
After reading lots of reviews I decided to buy this disc lock. - I have yamaha 125cc scooter
I love that lock, I'm not going to repeat what everyone alse wrote in here - all comments are usefull

As other mention that sensor is too sensitive so here is a tip

I used insulation tape just to cover the sensor - regular electric tape- (I had yellow one so you almost can't see its there ! ) After putting 3 layers of it the sensor if PERFECT ! I recommend to use 2 layers but 3 are also good.
The sensor still "response" if I forget about the lock and "touch" the scooter so its immediately bleeps but wind or rain are for now OK
So buy that thing- I use it as just a lock "without"alarm - in case bulglar or myself forgetting remove it before riding- the alarm is good reminder !
I hope You enjoy reading that end riding your BIKE !
on 15 January 2018
Damaged
It makes a weird sound when it is switched off
2 people found this helpful