on 2 March 2016
I came to buy this through other peoples reviews, However I wish I hadn't. It didn't heat up as hot as my previous iron and ironing shirts well the creases just stayed. And also left lots of water splodges all over my clothes. Which was so annoying. It also started to rust around the bottom and the cord wasn't very long. I would not recommend this iron at all.
on 7 January 2017
I am just about to throw this away after only a few of years light usage. It has never got very hot and I have always had to have it set to the highest temperature no matter what I am ironing. Even then it does not get rid of the creases even with steam. I have always used special ironing water for it but it spits out brown gunge from time to time requiring the item to re-laundered. The cover on the water tank broke a year or so back and today the switch for the steam has broken. I can't believe I have put up with it for so long - it is a pain in the neck and I am glad to see it go!
on 24 April 2013
This is great as far as ironing clothes goes.

I have two problems with it though.

1. The water filling hole should be a lot bigger. I'm sure I'm not alone in filling the iron from the tap and losing the enclosed filling jug the day after the iron arrives from Amazon. This iron needs a steady hand and a good aim to be able to do that without soaking the whole thing!

2. It's a pain to store it. I wind the cable up around the back of the iron, but there's no little clip to allow you to clip the wire to the wire .. if you get what I mean. Basically you wind it up then it just all unwinds! You can be a bit tricky and loosen of the last winding and jam the plug through, but really? Should I have to do this? All for the sake of a little 'S' shaped bit of plastic.

I've tried loosely looping the wire up and then tucking it though the handle but that just doesn't go well.

Good iron, let down by two problems.

I'd struggle to recommend it, sorry.
on 19 April 2014
This ironed well at first, the main difficulty being that it is very difficult to see where the gauge is when filling, and that filling itself is awkward.

After a few months of use the soleplate has worn off very badly around the steam holes. Although I have only ever used Comfort ironing water, never tap water, it now deposits large brown streaks and black bits all over pale clothes.
on 12 January 2016
Excellent iron for the price, works well - don't know about anybody else, but our irons always fail after being dropped heavily onto a concrete floor - that's why we had to buy this one - don't expect this will be any more resilient than the last one when its time comes!
on 8 August 2012
This steam iron arrived in excellent packaging and condition and in very good time. The items looks good - love the colour - but, more importantly, it works! The instructions are very straightforward. Although it has a large reservoir, it is not too heavy. It has a very smooth action. And (so much better than my last iron which used to drip hot water on to my hand and the ironing board!) the water does not dribble out, i.e. the water reservoir has a clip-down cap. It has variable steam, plus the usual jet and spray. It's really good to use. Only possible draw-back is that the clip to the clip-down cap does not look very strong but - time will tell.
on 5 August 2012
Bought this iron firstly because of the price and this one seemed like value for money. Since having the iron i would only mention the one thing that due to the colour ways on the iron it is a bit difficult to see where the water level is, if the room you are in is not very light.Other than that i find it works perfectly and therefore given it five stars nice and compact good ceramic plate nothing has stuck to it yet and heats up very quickly.
on 3 July 2012
Watch out with the 3-year warranty: Morphy Richards only will let you register the product within 28 days of purchase, rather than from delivery. Mine took a while to be delivered - while it was delivered 28 days ago, it was purchased much longer ago and I cannot register for the warranty :(
on 13 December 2016
Has been going strong for years, even if it gets infrequent use!
on 26 June 2014
A very efficient steam iron, spoilt only by a feeble plastic water hole lid which broke off within a short time. Short-sighted designers should have given the prototype to some heavy-handed ironers who would have tossed it back to them for a stouter hinge point !

See one answered question