Format: DVD|Change

on 4 May 2017
I already own Withnail on VHS, DVD and Bluray, but had the sudden and overwhelming urge to watch in the dead of night when I couldn't sleep and needed the comfort of this impeccable narrative. Amazon came in very handy when I couldn't be bothered to wake the household and fetch the physical copies. That alone is testament to how much you need this film in your life. It's nourishment for your soul.
on 10 May 2017
If you don't like this film you have no soul. I have watched it many times over the last 30 years and Withnail's speech at the end still gets me very time.
on 16 May 2017
"We've come on holiday … by mistake!"
Definitely one of my all-time favourite films.
What more do I need to say!?
on 30 March 2013
I loved the simplicity of the storyline, which really allowed the excellent acting to shine out. The delivery of wit was really well acted out and I thought that the actors really worked incredibly well together. Richard E. Grant swears so beautifully throughout the film. It's the sort of film I'd watch again and again. I'd recomend it if you like other British film such as Billy Elliot, Full Monty, Kinky Boots, Brassed Off etc.
on 19 May 2017
its a one off very good script and wll played , First rate film a classic
on 18 April 2017
Brilliant movie as both Paul McGann and Richard E Grant were unknowns then back in 1986/87 and it was proper unrestrained acting in its purest form a tribute to both actors they say wine matures with age in actors but for this black comedy it matured early for both of them well done to them both.
on 13 May 2017
I still can't believe there are people out there who haven't seen this film. Just brilliant. I will never tire of watching this movie :)
on 7 May 2017
Very good but unusual film Paul McGann was great played a part Richard E Grant was supurbe a bit different
on 21 May 2017