on 26 April 2014
I purchased this tool primarily for dismantling pallets. At time of purchase I was not aware that special blades are made for this which cut through nails as well, I have since acquired some from another source. The reciprocating saw and pallet dismantling blades work perfectly together, rendering pallets into usable timber without any split or wasted wood (Any nail heads are knocked out later). The quick blade change system is a real bonus, no more fiddling with allen keys or spanners. The tool is quite heavy so there is the added bonus of an upper arm workout at the same time.
20 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 21 March 2016
A very powerful tool. Has helped me a lot in cutting back trees and bushes. Rather heavy and needs two hands to operate safely.
A word of caution!!! This multi-saw does not have a brake or clutch to stop the blade movement when you stop cutting.
Also there isn't a safety switch to engage before switching on the saw. Therefore, when you pick up the machine you easily press the on/off switch
which is quite dangerous. Just be aware, I have had one or two near accidents.
4 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 22 July 2017
We bought this saw to cut down some very large conifer trees but using longer blades - Saxton 240mm Reciprocating Sabre Saw Wood blades. We have done the first tree remarkably easily with this tool, my husband began with the side branches which the saw dealt with in seconds with little effort, then the main trunk was done in two sections, the first was 56 cm (22 inches) in circumference and with the larger blade the saw went through with one pass again with little effort. The base of the trunk was 66 cm (26 inches) in circumference and my husband worked his way around and into the centre until it had cut through completely, this took a little longer and some lining up of the cuts but the saw made light work of it non the less. This saw is heavy in comparrison to others we have had but my husband really rates the power of it for the money.
review imagereview image
on 12 September 2014
Wow. Where has this been all my life! Simplifies destruction via cutting :P

Watch out, wear grippy gloves and hold it tightly. This is a heavy tool but it will spring out of your hands if not held tightly. Blades are easy to change and cheap to buy in bulk.

A carry case would be nice, all my previous Bosch tools have come with a case which makes storage easier and protects the tool from damage.

My main gripe is lack of a safety button, depending on how you are with power tools and how carefully you pick this one up, you might be OK. Just bear in mind you're likely to accidentally pull the feather weight trigger when moving the tool. This isn't a tool for using with children about.
2 people found this helpful
on 25 March 2015
Really ergonomic saw, saves a great deal of time for demolition jobs and for pruning of small branches. So far I've used it to cut up old pallets and crates, and to cut branches up that are too large to go through shredding. With the appropriate blades I found the former task slightly easier than the latter, but the saw made short work of both. You can cut pretty accurately, but if you really need accuracy rather than speed, then you're better looking at a different type of saw. I nearly always buy Bosch for reliability, as I've never had a Bosch tool fail on me, but there's a couple of cautions if you're not familiar with this type of tool:
1) Practice using the SDS blade change system before using the saw properly to ensure you've got the blade correctly locked in far enough. I didn't get the knack at first and the blade came out. Minor problem really, but worth checking.
2) The saw comes with a blade for wood and one that'll do wood and metal. Bosch do quite a wide range of blades for different applications, and if you're using this saw for garden work it'd be worth buying the specialist ones. Bosch don't seem very good at advertising their own accessories, but you can find the range of blades on their website - all are available to purchase at places like Amazon / Screwfix etc.
on 22 January 2015
I needed to cut up a big metal water tank in a very tight space in our loft. This saw did the job as well as I could have hoped. I went through about four blades - they tend to buckle if you get to a nasty patch, a corner, or are forced to work at an odd angle. But I didn't slice a finger off or fuse the whole house. The machine is pretty heavy and needs two hands to operate safely, so it'd be tricky up a ladder. If I'd been cutting up the tank in a large open space, I'd have done it in 10 minutes with this saw and used fewer blades, I'm sure. The next thing I'm using it for is to lop trees, so I'll be quite high and the weight could make it awkward. I'll update my review afterwards.
on 29 September 2014
Wow. This thing is a real monster!
Only bought it a week ago and already using it way more than my chainsaw!
Bought essentially to chop timber for firewood where nails and other metal fixings are an issue.
Hardwood or soft wood, this rips through it whether using wood or wood/metal blades (what a cracking idea they are, perfect for what I need).
I am somewhat looking forward to seeing what else this beast will take on in the garden and around the home!

The variable speed works great and gives you a much more controlled cut.

A word of warning - you must use this with two hands. One is not enough and it will jump all over the place. Coupled with a lack of safety switch it ensures that life becomes lively for a second or two.
But of course, you wouldn't be using this without an RCD would you? (Really... Would you???).
Do also ensure that where possible the wood is stable/clamped before you cut it otherwise again things can get lively!

I must admit I had never used one before, experiment with it and you'll soon figure out what works for the saw.

A very solid piece of kit, exceptionally easy to change blades and ready to go from the box.
on 14 November 2017
Held off writing a review until I had used this product a few times. Not disappointed. Spent the weekend cuttng/pruning bushes and trees in the garden. Easily cut through everything I tackled including 5-6 inch diameter trunks. Bit of vibration towards the end of a couple of cuts but nothing outrageous. No hesitation recommending
on 28 November 2013
Bought one as I needed to remove the old metal water tank in the loft. This model feels quite heavy when you pick it up and is very solid. It came with one blade wood/metal hybrid. I bought a pack of bosch metal blades. Suitably goggled and masked up I have to say this saw went through the tank like the proverbial " hot knife through butter". I had to cut it in half and in half again to get it through the loft hatch, took less than ten minutes. Did not notice the weight of the machine when it was in action and didnt ruin the first blade I used. Very impressed am sure it will last a while and be invaluable for other jobs when called upon. A great tip I was given before I started, sweep and hoover out the inside of the tank before you start will save you a lot of grief and mess.
on 23 November 2014
Purchased this to help remove a massive tree with a large root system. The blades do blunt fairly quickly when you are in contact with earth, however this went through the roots like a knife through butter. A great tool. Wish I'd purchased one many years ago.
One person found this helpful