Customer reviews

Shepherding a Child's Heart
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.88

on 23 April 2017
This was recommended and did not disappoint. Was bought for my daughter who says it's offered great advice and information.
on 10 May 2017
Excellent book. Not only applicable to children. All the points covered are equally applicable to any adult which might be going through same struggles.
on 3 August 2017
Fantastic read.
on 18 August 2017
One of the best parenting books
on 31 December 2015
A really helpful biblical book on the principles and practice of parenting. As a mother of two toddlers with another baby on the way I have found Dr Tripp's explanations from the Bible convincing and really useful in rethinking my aims for my children and how these should inform my day to day parenting. While I am far from perfect in implementing the strategies, I have found that over this last year (after reading the book) my parenting has become far more God focused and far less reactionary, which is what I want. If being culturally correct is what you want, you simply won't like this book, but if pleasing God and working for the best for your children is your aim, then this is the book for you! I have to say also, that, even though the aim of parenting should not be well behaved children (as is very clearly explained in this book), people are now repeatedly telling me what well behaved and happy children I have, so there are positives on that side too!
on 25 May 2016
As a bible-believing born-again Christian & single parent, I have found this book invaluable in not only helping me to address the issues of my child's heart but also of my own, drawing me again & again to my need for God's grace through the insurmountable gospel. I am still only half way through but hope that the second half of the book is as challenging, informative, direct & loving as the first!

PS Reading through some of the comments, I would not probably recommend this book for a non-Christian. Without first knowing by experience God's own grace love & discipline in one's life, it would be hard to understand & bring that knowledge to bear in a child's life.
on 30 May 2013
This is the best book on raising children in a biblical and godly way. Everything is rooted deeply in Scriptures but this goes against today's culture that's why so many people are against it. And no, it's not illegal to discipline children done in the way described in this book. Someone who wrote that it isn't surely doesn't know the British law. Abusing kids is illegal, but this book is not on abusing, just the opposite of it. Read it and reread it.
on 7 April 1999
My husband and I are very impressed by this book. It is unlike anything else I've read because it is totally biblical, not just the opinion of a psychologist or doctor. I am a teacher with a Master's degree in Special Ed., currently enrolled in a Counseling Credential program, so I have an extensive background in child psychology. This approach is simply superior to anything else. I highly recommend this book for all Christian parents. I'm so thankful to have found it before my sons got any older (I have a toddler & a baby). The focus of this book is turning your child's heart toward Jesus, not on making your child conform to society's expectations. It is very challenging! I am buying 2 more copies to give to friends. I would love to see all Christian families use this book - what a difference it would make!
33 Comments| 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 November 2012
This is an absolutely brilliant book. If you're reading reviews trying to decide whether to get it and confused by the total polarisation of opinions, please do just read it for yourself. I really don't think there is anything near child abuse suggested in this book and that other reviewers are very unfair in what they have said about Tedd Tripp. This book is full of the grace and wisdom of the Lord Jesus and it has been one of the most helpful parenting books I've ever read (next to his other book Instructing a Child's Heart and Loving the Little Years by Rachel Jankovic). I've bought it for a few friends and passed my copy around to many others. Get it and read it for yourself.
on 24 April 1999
I am a pediatrician with 21 years experience, and this is the book that I give young parents to provide them with the truth about raising children. It provides them with the proper world-view of parenting. It gives them a strategy that works, not pop psychology. Raising children is about influencing an eternal soul, created by God, it is not just changing behavior. Raising children is the most important job that a parent does, and 99% of parenting books totally miss the point, even many "Christian" parenting books, miss the point! I wish I would have had this book 25 years ago! Thank you Tedd Tripp for your ministry!
33 Comments| 66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse