on 9 December 2012
Having been disappointed with similar purchases in the past, I was not expecting much. However, the items arrived quickly from the supplier and I was immediately impressed with the quality. They came well packaged and ready to go. Once hung, they shone with an intense white light (not with a blue or off-white tinge as many do) and the controller was easy to use. It also reverted to the last setting on switching back on, something that others don't always do. I did have a problem with another 5m string (the cable) but it was resolved immediately by the company - thanks to Shaun - and all was well. The acid test will be whether they work OK next year but I would certainly recommend these lights and Brightlightz; the company is well named!

Update: The lights have now been up for over a month during some of the wettest, coldest and general awful weather on record and they are still working and, as importantly, haven't deteriorated or discoloured in any way. Very impressed with the quality and thoroughly recommended.

Update 2: After 37 days and in the region of 340 hours of use, the lights remained clear and bright to the end and are now safely stored until next Christmas. a few of the light units did show signs of rusting inside their sleeves but the effect was minimal and visually acceptable. Well worth paying the extra money for and I intend to get another set.

Update 3 - a year on: Having used the two sets of lights for two seasons (the 2013 period being for a whole month for 8-hours a day), the controllers started to play up, with one ceasing to work completely. Without much optimism, I contacted the company late on 2 Jan to have an almost instant response saying, 'no problem', I'll send new ones'! Shaun once again came to the rescue. Awaiting the items now but I have every faith they will arrive quickly. Quite outstanding service from the company and, I will add, the lights look virtually as good as new; no rusting of the metal parts. Most impressed and if I could give 6 stars, I would. (Note: The new sets arrived on 4 Jan - outstanding service!!!!)
on 22 November 2013
wanted new out door lights and wanted them bright, by god they are bright, put up to check at the weekend and they look great
well worth the money, just hope they look this good year after year
on 4 January 2012
Product did exactly as advertised.....Really brightened the family Christmas, externally, and gave the impression that had been desired by its installation.
on 11 December 2014
The lights are great. My only complaint is the lack of info regarding connecting more than one set together. I purchased two sets which work together great then decided to add a third set. The third set was added then did not work so I had them replaced. The fourth set did not work so I e mailed the supplier who informed me that when you buy more than one set on the same order they will be able to be connected together. If you buy a single set these can not be linked to another set.
on 4 December 2012
I looked around for ages for good quality and good looking Xmas lights
I eventually bought 3 sets of these to cover the front of my house and I am so happy with them
They are bright, full and look classy
The 3 sets connect easily so now they are all running off just one plug
Thanks!
on 23 December 2013
These icicle lights are really really good. Other sets we have had in the past had the annoying habit of having to be reset EVERY day to the required setting, otherwise they went through the whole program of flashing/chasing etc. This is hopeless if you have more than one set, as they would never be 'in sync', and personally I am not that keen on flashing lights anyway. I just wanted static lights, but all lights sets seem to be multi-function nowadays. These lights have a built-in memory, so you just set them once, and they come on (with the aid of a timer plug) every day on the same setting. They are brilliant quality, lovely and bright, and sets can be joined together. Perfect!! Very fast delivery, and a helpful seller who answered my pre-purchase query immediately. Highly recommended.
on 17 January 2014
Don't mess with cheap lights, you will only regret it. These are the business, believe me.
Merry bright Christmas's for many years to come.
on 8 January 2014
Put this product around our conservatory which made the room feel a lot warmer. Looked great not only from the outside but the inside as well.
on 25 December 2013
First set arrived not as Amazon picture, these where promptly replaced and after being fitted stayed alight for only 2 hours so l replaced them with the first set. These have been on for about 12 hours total and now 16 strands have failed not what you would expect for the price l paid. I am looking forward to a prompt refund from Brightlights
Just received a call from Brightlightz and the problem was immediately resolved l will be buying from them again excellent customer service.
on 21 December 2013
I purchased a set of these lights last Christmas (2012). I was so pleased with them that I bought another set a few weeks ago. However, they did not work. I returned them and the return has been processed quickly by the seller. As I was so pleased with the first set and the reviews are so good on Amazon, I purchased another set. Alas, the second set does not work either and will have to be returned. I don't have time to replace them this side of Christmas. Very disappointed.